Pinks All Out in the Pacific Northwest!!!

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

Pinks All Out in the Pacific Northwest!!!

Postby markl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Last night I was checking the Pacific Raceways schedule to see when the track opens and I see on their homepage "Pinks All Out" coming here in August. I was in Iraq the last time they came to town. Of course registration is all sold out already. Its gonna be Aug 14, 15, 16. Anyone plan on going to watch the action? I think I will just to see it all happen. Yea I know Rich seems like an arrogant A hole but I still watch the show. I like Nate and his Bro/cousin??? I'll be there at least 1 or 2 days. Tickets go on sale Apr 29 or 30th.
markl

1975 Chevrolet Vega

Re: Pinks All Out in the Pacific Northwest!!!

Postby res0o7eb » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:31 am

Hey markl,
Thanks for the heads up.
Thank you for your service to our country, too! :patriot:
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby ericseattle » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:06 pm

Funny you should mention this. I was approached by the owner of a local garage here in Seattle looking for an H-body to put his built 400 motor in. He has been accepted for the Pinks show and likes the power/weight combination. I agree, and am trying to come to terms on an arrangement such that I supply one of my '74 Wagons to him. Yes, Doug, it is your wife's former wagon in question. I need some work done on my '95 Roadmaster, and want to work out a trade of my wagon body, minus the '76 drivetrain I installed. So, maybe I'll see my car on Pinks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ericseattle

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby res0o7eb » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Eric,
That's cool. Hope your Vega gets the nod.
But, how did the racer get accepted to Pinks WITHOUT A CAR?
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby ericseattle » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:55 pm

The guy who is going to be on Pinks NW is checking out my Vega this weekend. He owns a local NAPA Auto Service Center, which I guess is how he can be accepted without having a car up front. NAPA is a sponsor of Pinks, apparently (I have never watched the show and only know of it by the previews on TV). I left it with him this AM and he is going to have his shop guys poke and prod it to see if it will work. He was pretty excited about it, though. He says he's never seen a Vega wagon on Pinks, and likes the potential show value of the car. So we'll see. He has my '95 Roadmaster in to diagnosis a hot start issue, and we will probably work out a trade if he likes the Vega. Then, I'd get acknowledgement painted on the car somewhere :lol:
ericseattle

Postby markl » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:13 pm

It wont be the first wagon on pinks. Remeber the black wooly mamoth fur covered wagon, I think it was the first season. There was a red wagon on an Pinks all out episode. Ive seen others on there also. I hope the car turns out well and makes it to the finals.
markl

1975 Chevrolet Vega

Postby ericseattle » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:08 pm

It appears likely that my wagon will indeed be featured on the show this August. I just signed over the title to the shop owner, who is anxious to get started on it. I wasn't really looking to get rid of it as it was a solid daily driver, but I get my Roadmaster fixed for free (new fuel pump/sending unit) and I get back all the stock Vega parts including engine and drivetrain, wheels/tires, interior, and most of the glass. My name may go on the car somewhere as a sponsorer, and I might be able to attend the event as a crew helper! I did have to give up a set of rear window panels that I had been saving, but they needed those for both weight reduction and advertising space :lol:

I've never been to this type of event before, but am hearing it's a big deal. It will be interesting to see my car participate. Weird how things work out the way they do...
ericseattle

Postby VeneysVega » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:23 pm

What will you do with the 4 lug mag wheels ??? I need a set,.. :D

I too may run my Nostalgia 72 vega funny car as exhibition at Pinks in August.

let me know on the wheels.

Thanks
Vic
541-806-1074
http://www.vicmillerracing.com
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL
VeneysVega

Postby spyder_xlch » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:43 pm

ericseattle wrote: I did have to give up a set of rear window panels that I had been saving, but they needed those for both weight reduction and advertising space ...

If it's a race car they could have just welded in some sheet metal, saved the panels for a resto. But anyway, congrats.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby ericseattle » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 am

Vic, I'll probably keep those wheels; they look pretty good and they roll true, which is hard to find in those slotted mags. I have another set of 4-lug aluminum wheels laying around, but they are kind of a snowflake pattern (not stock). If you are interested, let me know and I can send you photos. And Matt, I suggested the same thing but they really wanted the original panels because of the rolled edges.

I got the engine and transmission, along with all the engine compartment components back today. They did a pretty good job on the extraction, although they did break the radiator shroud upper cover. Oh, well, hot glue works pretty good on those plastic parts. He wants to keep the rear end and wheels for now to roll around while the body work gets underway. Now I just need another wagon to stuff that engine and trans into!
ericseattle

Postby 77vegaproject » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 pm

pinks all out is coming to MT to race on the division 6 track right out side Billings in june the last I heard. I guess its not going to be televised but it would still be fun to watch. we got a new track here a few years ago and supposedly its the flattest track in the US. http://www.yellowstonedragstrip.com/
77vegaproject

Postby sportster96blk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:51 pm

eric ,it looks like we now the same guy .the dude (BILL) at the napa shop been helping me with parts for my ride- he told me about the Vega a few days before you delivered it.he plans on putting a corvette front frame and rear end using most of the corvette mounting brackets i was there last sat and helped (OK got in the way) with the die section of the vette frame ,boy what a undertaking makes my job seem easy (just seems) anyway he may have some s-10 spindles and brakes available soon because he is scraping a s-10 and i just could not wait for them i hope to get in the way some more on the build i may not be on the sponsor list but i can leave some finger prints and if its on TV say hey i helped with that (OK got in the way) anyway small world - life's good - hope to have my car sitting down at the gate for the pinks show to just show it off i wont have any body work done but she should turn heads anyway:dance: :twisted: :dance:
sportster96blk

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby sportster96blk » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:29 am

looks like i might get a free ticket to this event for helping (getting in the way) on the corvega :arrow: man theres a shit load of work no time to do it but i think it fun and should be a good time at the track :dance: :bump:
sportster96blk

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings