Zurich Beanfest and Guelph Ribfest

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

Zurich Beanfest and Guelph Ribfest

Postby Sunula66 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 am

Hi Everyone! Will there be anyone with an H-Body attending either or both of these Venues?? Zurich Ontario is: August 21st and 22nd the cruise for about an hour Friday nite the 21st is usually attented by those who are local and or camping or just cruise in and out, whatever you want, no preregistration,$15.00 Sat. morn. the local towns folk in the small communities we go through love it and some of the property owner/gear heads lay a garden hose out @ the curb running slightly .A response "steamout" from a lot of guys and gals takes place. A couple of years ago a guy from Quebec[the other country in Canada] :lol: did a burn and turn about ten times after the criuse in a T-bucket V8 and dispensed Good-Year all over main street!! He had to change tires to get home LMAO! The local "constabuilary" showed up last year and a few guys and gals had the hose turned on Them to wash their "skid marks" in their shorts when they drove up![ I did a turn and burn a few years ago in an unmarked cruiser I bought from the detachment and left, everyones jaw dropped A lot of guys had been pulled over by that car :lol: ]The Guelph Ribfest is August 29th and 30th both days as well. A little less car action [untill they hit the street at the end of it] but a few laughs at the beer tents and music nites. The Food is phenominal and the cars are unreal and more everyear! Last year $80,000 thats 8 0.000.oo dollars were raised for charities all over, Rotary, Wyndham House, Michael House[safe places for abused and pregnant women] and other worthy cause donations were raised!! I like taking the W-66 Formula Sunbird to a lot of charity events because of it's uniqueness and helps draw people in who get tired of Camaro's and Mustang's. This is also a way for H-Body owners to get a little "at a boy" or "girl" for all of their efforts and hard work keeping the "thing" alive! Conversations almost always start with "I never saw one of those before" or "my buddy used to run one of those V8 Monza's years ago" is the norm. Mainly due to the excess amounts of "salt" used in winter around here! Drop me a line if you're able to go and hopefully we meet up there. I know Fred is going away and if you get the Old Auto's mag you already knew. It sure would be Kool to park with another H-Body :P if it were possible. A buddy of mine usually attends with his Monza Blown S.B. 800hp beautiful car @ Zurich!!Best regards Ron..
"remember... not everything is good on TOAST!"
3 Birds of a Feather...
#1 the Silver '80 W-66 code Formula purchased 9 years ago
#2 red "80 W-66 code Formula purchased Mar./16
#3 black '78-9 coupe with spoiler kit and 4spd 305...parted out to a Terrific H-Buddy
2015 Cruze Turbo Diesel/ Just replaced by the 2016 Sonic
'98 GMC 1/2 ton with corporate 3/4 ton driveline still makin' it all possible
Sunula66

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings