H-Been at the BeanFest!! @ Zurich!!

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

H-Been at the BeanFest!! @ Zurich!!

Postby Sunula66 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 am

Well ,I was the only H-body rep. at Zurich BeanMeet this year, among 250 cars and had a blast![and not from the pork chop and brown beans free dinner] The "tour" on the Friday nite was an hour through local communities with the traditional watering of the road from the farmers with buckets of water in the rural areas and the garden hose variety by the curbs in the towns in several locations! :lol: Most gearheads, blown rods and those who were able with or w/o water, including the guys in the 5000lb. class[everyone out and lift!] did their signature with dispensed tires just a steamin' and I did a little myself through 2 gears, water enhanced of course![ I was given a big thumbs up at the show the next day cause they all thought it was an 8. :P ] The 4 guys in the red Iroq Camaro got a standing ovation but they took a big chance. He did a burn out in town that lasted about 4minutes and while churning both boots for about 100 feet or so his signal was seen through the cloud.They turned down the side street and kept her burnin' all the way around the corner and down to the next corner!!!!! :arrow: :? :shock: :lol: Even the local cops would 've been proud! ....I hoped he had extra tires with him...The carshow was equally as great and when I installed the "tent" option on the Sunbird, well lets just say, people were crowding in the area that the car was displayed[under a metal roof shed that I got up at 5:00 am. to park under] :idea: there was a few folks remembering that option and I explained that the Vega was the originator for it. It became the talk at the show for many and I was able to tell many about the "H-Body" site so they could see other Fine H-Body cars!! Maybe next year I'll be joined by some of you who are able. I can tell you that I noticed people from a distance as they would walk a straight line from far away though in some kind of "trance" right to my Sunbird and were intriqued by it, typically responding having never seen one or remembering some thing similar perhaps a Monza or Vega but not a lot of H-bodies. "Too bad" one older lady remarked, " they were such a nice little car probably decent fuel mileage and a place to party if you were out in the woods!" :shock: "can you take me for a spin?"she asked :oops: ...This weekend, "RIBFEST" in Guelph!!anyonelse going? ..Ron..
"remember... not everything is good on TOAST!"
3 Birds of a Feather...
#1 the Silver '80 W-66 code Formula purchased 9 years ago
#2 red "80 W-66 code Formula purchased Mar./16
#3 black '78-9 coupe with spoiler kit and 4spd 305...parted out to a Terrific H-Buddy
2015 Cruze Turbo Diesel/ Just replaced by the 2016 Sonic
'98 GMC 1/2 ton with corporate 3/4 ton driveline still makin' it all possible
Sunula66

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings