SEMA show: Las Vegas

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SEMA show: Las Vegas

Postby v8astregt » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:28 am

I had a great time. 1600 vendors, 40+ lbs of goodies/catalogs. My feet/legs/shoulders can feel it! :lol: I heard it was 11 miles to walk all of it. I wouldn't doubt it! I walked most of it. Did all of "Racing and Performance", then skimmed Audio, Tools, Exterior accessories, and wheels. Didn't have time to start trucks/offroad.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby 72 SS PNL » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:07 am

hey bob , dont forget to check where you got those dvd's on the gm motors from , and call me with it tomorrow

it was a pleasure meeting you and the wife today ! see you down there tomorrow

show is alot smaller than normal , all in all its been a decent show
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby Bob Gumm » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 am

Eric,

It was nice meeting you today, it seemed like we had a lot in common and could talk for days. Hope you like the T-shirts. We’ll be there again tomorrow, just give us a call. The folks with the DVDs are called "Street & Performance" (a.k.a. Street & Performance Electronics Inc.) and they're in booth 24233.

All,

Most vendors that we talked to weren’t interested in doing any H-Body stuff as their primary market is Chevelles, F-Bodies, G-Bodies, Corvettes, Mustangs, imports, etc. We did however meet a few that showed some interest in making H-Body stuff.

We talked with a sheet metal body parts supplier who said they could supply us with Vega door skins and rocker panels. I asked if it would be possible to source other items such as quarter panels and Monza stuff too and he said to give him a call.

We talked with the Tiger Cage guys today and discussed their new cage design and development. Of course they don't have any plans for an H-Body version, but were interested in discussing their tests and getting NHRA approval in the future. This completely bolt-on cage assembly has shown some promising numbers and hopefully will be successful.

We met an auto glass supplier that can make a minimum of 50 sets of windshields for us. We would have to warehouse them and do separate packagings on our own, but they said they would offer their experience to help make it happen. If we could get 50 similar model orders we could probably get new windshields for a reasonable price.

We’ve talked with a few spring manufacturers who are interested in making H-Body springs so we’ll have to do a poll to see if there is an interest and see if we can get some bids to make some springs.

We’ve had a few folks recognize us and share their H-Body stories and experiences. We met Dennis Gage (My Classic Car) and Dan Woods (Cut, Chop, Rebuild) and saw Richard Petty, Courtney Hansen, the Truck U guys, George Barris, and the ever popular Chip Foose.

Later,
Bob Gumm
v8monza.com
Bob Gumm

Postby 73astregt » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:47 pm

that all sounds like some good contacts bob, i met foose and aj when they were here in toronto a couple years ago, got a pic of my car autographed by them! :D
73 astre gt 355 small block 435 hp 435 torque edelbrock performer rpm power package
73astregt

1973 Pontiac Astre GT

Postby v8astregt » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:08 pm

I saw Foose from about 10 feet away... but I wasn't going to stand in the 200 person line to get his autograph.

I also saw Barry Meguire, Ken Herring (Passtime), Daryl Starbird. I also spoke with Vic Edelbrock for a bit about his new Holley 94 carb, met and spoke with John D'agostino (custom builder), and talked with a guy I remember from some kit car show who builds Cobra kit cars on the East cost.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby 72 SS PNL » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:09 pm

earlier in the week i met jessi combs , talked with ken lingenfelter , tom nelson of nelson performance the guy that builds the 2000+hp street cars , with the plumbing that is a work of art , and you cant see most if any of the wiring for the motor

sweet hopefully they will have more of those dvds .

thank you again for the t-shirts , they will be worn with pride !!!

i asked goodmark about body panels , they said it would take alot of money to get stuff done :( they said not enough demand to get them made
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby rpoz-29 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:00 pm

My nephew was there with PPG paint. He met Chip Foose, and ended up painting with West Coast Customs, when one of their painters couldn't make it. A friend had his Hemi Cuda out there as a "guest" of Chrysler.
rpoz-29

Postby Bob Gumm » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:42 pm

We met Chip Foose, got a pic and autograph. He was surprised when we gave him a T-shirt and thanked us for it. He signed and drew an early Ford truck on a welder a guy purchased from Lincoln, lucky guy. We went to the New Products display and saw some interesting stuff and will be getting more info and posting some of what we found. The folks we yalked with about panels weren't Goodmark and he said at least three items were available to him (all Vega stuff), again I'll provide more when I've made solid contacts and got more info back.

NEW TOOLS
I picked up a new TIG welder, a four pack of LED flashlights that are low profile with magnetic rotating bases and tilting heads. Used the flashlights this weekend to reinstall a T5 in my son's Firebird and they are a godsend as they don't take up much room and they can put the light right were you need it. We also saw the new VideoStik2 and will be ordering one this week as it has some great improvements and a smaller flexible and aimable camera. Great for seeing inside cylinders, heads, intakes, valvecovers, etc

Sema-2009-29s.jpg
Sema-2009-31s.jpg

Later,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob Gumm
v8monza.com
Bob Gumm

Previous

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings