SEMA show: Las Vegas

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

SEMA show: Las Vegas

Postby barebonesracecars » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:30 am

Attention All SEMA Action Network Members

www.sema.org/enthusiast

Are you active in car clubs, auto websites, forums and social networking? If so, SEMA has created another great opportunity for SEMA Action Network members to attend the SEMA show in Las Vegas this year.

The SEMA Show Enthusiast Research Project gives selected participants a chance to gain exclusive access to the industry's biggest and best trade-only event. You will get the opportunity to visit vendors, see thousands of brand new products and the world's coolest vehicle displays, all in one place. You also will take part in exciting panels and seminars that will allow you to share your opinions and insight on what you see as the hottest new parts, accessories, and trends in the market.

The program includes a lot of great benefits including: free access to the SEMA Show, a show merchandise voucher, and a chance to win prizes at the end of the program. This is truly a unique opportunity for you to come and have fun at the show while also helping provide the industry valuable information on the latest enthusiast trends. Space is limited, so for more information and to apply for the program, visit: www.sema.org/enthusiast.
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Re: SEMA show: Las Vegas

Postby 72 SS PNL » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:10 pm

speaking of SEMA , anyone going ?

ill be there , havent missed a show in roughly 15 years
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby v8astregt » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Interesting. I filled it out thinking I wasn't going to be picked. But I was wrong!

Filling out the form was a piece of cake. Making arrangements to get out there, and deciding if I want to stay the night or not... that's the issue. I remember last time I went, it was about 6 years ago, I was dead by the end of the night. Really hate to hop on a plane back home... but I don't want to spend the jacked up SEMA week rates for a night at a hotel. Hrmm....
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby Bob Gumm » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:43 pm

We'll be there, look forward to maybe meeting some of you there. They're having the show "Pass Time" at the LVMS "The Strip" quartermile track that week in the evening so we may try to do that too.
Bob Gumm
v8monza.com
Bob Gumm

Postby v8astregt » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Well damn. We'll see if I make it. Oil pump went out on the Trans Am today. I HOPE I didn't do any more damage to the engine. We'll see when I get it torn apart next week.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby 72 SS PNL » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:48 am

the pump ? or the by pass in the pump ?

the by-pass has failed twice in my neighbors truck , 1 after market pump and 1 stock pump , also friend of mine told me that 1 of his co-workers has a truck that does the 0 oil pressure on start up every once and a while and he blips the throttle and the pressure jumps back up , but if he lets it idle then the valves will slowly start to clatter

and yes both trucks are LS motors

72 SS PNL

Postby res0o7eb » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:46 pm

When is it?
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby 72 SS PNL » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Tuesday, November 3 – Friday, November 6, 2009
LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA

http://www.semashow.com/main/main.aspx? ... m/HomePage

72 SS PNL

Postby v8astregt » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:09 am

Booked my flight and room.

Flying in Wednesday early morning, staying Wed. night at the Sahara, then flying back Thurs. evening.

I'll get a good 1.5 days in. Plus one night on the strip. 8)

In other news, the Trans Am lives to see another day... or at least with it's current engine. An oil pump, timing chain, timing cover, gasket set, oil, and $530 later, it's back on the road.
v8astregt

Postby 72 SS PNL » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:36 am

im either driving up tuesday , or early wednesday

we are gonna have to swap phone numbers and hook up while there

72 SS PNL

Postby Bob Gumm » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:52 am

72 SS PNL, did you get my PM a couple of weeks ago?

Any of you guys going to the AAPEX and what about going to the LVMS Strip to watch (or participate) in the Pass Time show?
Bob Gumm
v8monza.com
Bob Gumm

Postby 72 SS PNL » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:48 pm

yes i got you pm , will call you when i get to town

havent had time to do the apex show in the past , granted the last 5years i was working the show for the company i work for , this year they arent going and ill have alot of time to myself so i might be able to hit up the apex section

72 SS PNL

Postby v8astregt » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm only in Vegas for a day and a half. I might be able to cover most of SEMA if I hurry through it. So I won't be able to check out AAPEX, or LVMS... but then again I was on Passtime before so not like I don't know what it's like!

I'll be there all day Wed till it closes at 5 then I'll probably take a short nap since I know it's exhausting after a day at SEMA. Then I'll probably hit the strip late into the night... and hit SEMA again in the morning! Not 8 o'clock obviously!
v8astregt

Postby Bob Gumm » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Two days of SEMA and we've met some great suppliers. I talked with Currie Enterprises yesterday and struck a deal for a small but stll decent discount. I got to talk with Ray Currie at length about what they have and what options are available. We discussed the most common way to start with drum brakes and later upgrade to disc and what is required for different horsepower levels. If anyone is intersted shoot me an e-mail and we'll get with Currie and see what we can do.

I also gathered a ton of info on the LS-1 through LS-9 stuff which I still need to digest and talked with Griffin about doing another radiator that is capable of a lot more horse power. They see the same issue we do and that's airflow when the vehicle is going slow. They said depending on how much you drive the vehicle they have a NASCAR electric pusher fan that is only rated to run for 500 hours, but puts a lot more air through the radiator.

Later,
Bob Gumm
v8monza.com
Bob Gumm

Postby monza75tc » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:32 pm

I am envious....I was there in 95. It was a fantastic event, we went there with a booth so was there from before opening till after closing. I think that University of Colorado, Pueblo would have a booth there this year too. It is really eye opening in terms of the aftermarket....ENJOY!

Dick
monza75tc

1975 Chevrolet Monza Towne Coupe

Next

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings