LA to Vegas Run

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

LA to Vegas Run

Postby Bob Gumm » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:22 am

Would anyone be interested in working with me to put together an H-Body road challenge to get some H-Bodies and people together for some fun this Spring? Maybe we could do a Los Angles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada run and put in some track time at Las Vegas Motor Speedway's (LVMS) "The Strip". Or maybe we could sync it with one of the local cruises/shows and reserve an all H-Body section. Anyway, food for thought.
Bob Gumm
v8monza.com
Bob Gumm

Re: LA to Vegas Run

Postby 72 SS PNL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:59 am

sounds cool

easier for me to go from phx to vegas , lol
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby Bob Gumm » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Maybe it would make sense to have two runs, one from Phoenix to LV and the other from LA to LV. Unfortunately for me I'd have to stay here to make sure the destination is prepped, though I'd much rather be driving. Would you be interested in leading a Phoenix group?
Bob Gumm
v8monza.com
Bob Gumm

Postby 72 SS PNL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:04 pm

yeah ill do what i can , i like the STRIP , just not middle of monsoon time and high temps and humidity

hopefully ill have a cash reserve built back up to put money in my vega , lol the reserve i just had built up went towards my 04 gto for suspension , since umi wouldnt answer me on the control arm :( , but the reserve should be built back up soon , i got more stuff to sell
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby 72vega5.3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 pm

I'd go, depending on the monsoon thing as well
72vega5.3

Postby mldeolde » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:43 pm

love the idea,LA -vegas, Bob but as usual i don't think the IMSA will be ready by then. i just drool every time i'm at the speedway and see the Shelby guys running the l;ittle road course across the entry road from the main track........... HBR engines ,on the speedway grounds did my final valve job and spring change and was also involved in the puchase of my bowtie block. great guy with a great reputation if you ever need any engine work done.........
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby Bob Gumm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:36 am

I'll check with the locals on the weather thing which can be tempermental as it goes from nice and cool to too damn hot alomost overnight. I haven't lived here long enough to know precisely what the weather will be like at certain times of the year. I was thinking March or October-November as just about any time in between those months the tempserature will be in the 100's. It's looking like a Spring event may be too late to organize, end of October has NHRA events and November (SEMA month) would be busy but nicer temperatures.

March 19-21 - Super Chevy - Las Vegas
April 16-18 - 11th annual Full Throttle SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals - Las Vegas
May 28-30 - Rockabilly Rod Reunion/Hot Rod Heritage - Las Vegas
Oct. 28-31 - 10th annual NHRA Las Vegas Nationals - Las Vegas (Full Throttle & ProMod Series)
Nov. 4-7 - LUCAS OIL SERIES - Las Vegas
Bob Gumm
v8monza.com
Bob Gumm

Postby v8astregt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Definitely not the spring for me. I've gonna be in Vegas Super Chevy Weekend anyways, but I don't know if I'm going to LVMS, just coincidentally the weekend I was going with some friends. And I'm going to be in L.A. with the F-bodies at the end of May.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings