2011 MONZAQUE

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 2011 MONZAQUE

Postby mahoy78spyder » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Bryan. As a matter of fact, I happen to be across the pond again back in Afghanistan... been here for 4 months so far... will probably be here until December. Just trying to get caught up on all the activities and posts over the last several months since I've been online here. I really miss the get-togethers we used to have in Wisconsin back in the day. Thanks so much for keeping the spirit alive and putting this on for 6 years now. :th:

Ken
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby fyrftr50 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Ken
Funny you should mention the WI get-togethers. My brother lived in Chicago around the time those were going on and I was planning on going, but the year I was ready to make the trip in the Spyder, the WI meet ended (I think it was Brian who moved out-of-State?). That get-together that you guys had was the inspiration for making my own here in the Great White North.

I had a feeling you were back there, after seeing your facebook post after the helicopter crash. We all appreciate the sacrifice you guys are making over there (the US and our Canadian boys too), I just wish they would end it all and pull you out already. Stay safe and maybe catch you in 'Cod' (Codrington, ON) next August.
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby Sunula66 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 am

Just a quick Thankyou again to Michelle and you Bryan for another great time! :th:
I'm out here in Vancouver BC right now and wasn't able to get wi-fi till tonite again. I actually wrote to GTP munky from the ship out in the crossing to Victoria, and delivered the two APC's without incident there, and returned to the mainland.
Ken, I hope for your safe return as well and I believe that you just might meet up with some of the Canadian guys possibly and if you do, one that's going to be in Kabul in November is a relative. He's on that new assignment that involves training the Afghan's for the next 6 mths after that. If you meet Bombadier 1st class Pridham, say hello.
P.S......for those of you wondering how it was in the "Sunbird" Hotel, well, comfy but kooler than two would've been :shock: :lol: (my oldest still ribs me and asks how it was in my "little-hippy hotel") :P :rolleyes: :lol:
I stopped to see Freddo and told him he was missed but he will get another chance like everyone else again next time I reassured him. Heck, I could even bring him along if need be...but he'll bring his own darn tent! :lol: :oops:
"remember... not everything is good on TOAST!"
3 Birds of a Feather...
#1 the Silver '80 W-66 code Formula purchased 9 years ago
#2 red "80 W-66 code Formula purchased Mar./16
#3 black '78-9 coupe with spoiler kit and 4spd 305...parted out to a Terrific H-Buddy
2015 Cruze Turbo Diesel/ Just replaced by the 2016 Sonic
'98 GMC 1/2 ton with corporate 3/4 ton driveline still makin' it all possible
Sunula66

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby patrick1151 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:03 am

Maybe 1 of these years I will make it out from the wet coast. Sunula if you ever get further up the island to Comox or Campbell River let me know, thats where I am now. Especially at during this season also known as Salmon season. Its kinda slow so far this year but it is starting to pick up.
patrick1151

1979 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe

Postby TimMcCabe » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Bryan,

Finally have time to log in and say thanks again for a great time.
Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
Tim
1972 TPI Vega T56 6 speed

Contact me for all of your Tachometer needs
TimMcCabe

Previous

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings