vega front rotor redrill

Moderator: Moderators

vega front rotor redrill

Postby zotarajohn » Mon May 26, 2014 11:27 am

Can somebody once and for all tell me the right direction in redrilling my fr.rotors on my 76 Vega????? The tool n die guy at work is willing to do it but needs some measurements so he can set up the machine! Any advice????
zotarajohn

Re: vega front rotor redrill

Postby T-FATTY » Mon May 26, 2014 12:06 pm

I've got some five (5) lug rotors made by Don Hardy and if I remember correctly they are not redrilled stock rotors. If your interested in them i'll get some pics next time I'm at the shop my car is at.
YES I accept paypal donations...
T-FATTY

Postby RamIt » Mon May 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Looks like dadhad1 on here re drilled some Monza rotors. Maybe send him a message?

Postby cjbiagi » Mon May 26, 2014 1:33 pm

I have redrilled rotors on my car. The issue at hand is there is very little room on the rotor hat for a traditional GM 5 x 4 3/4" bolt pattern. It can be done but it puts the stud into the side of the rotor hat. I had mine drilled to a 5 x 4 1/2" pattern which is better and happened to match my wheels. So, it depends upon whether you already have wheels for the car or not. If not, then I would suggest going with the smaller pattern and getting wheels to fit that pattern (which happens to be a very common Ford size). You do have to use screw in studs as there is not enough room for a press in stud. One of the studs will slightly intersect one of the vanes on the rear, this is normal and to be expected. So when adjusting the pattern on the rotor you need to account for that when your machinist is indexing where to start. One of the new studs will also somewhat overlap a old stud. You can buy inexpensive bolt pattern gauges which can also be used to help index everything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby zotarajohn » Mon May 26, 2014 1:59 pm

How much on the don't hardy rotors? Can you ship to 14227???? I already have the wheels (14x6),which is why I am so determined to redrilling my Vega rotors!!!! I don't think they will clear s10 rotors since these are for non disc brakes!!! They do fit on my Vega rotors,I knocked out the studs and they clear,but bairly!!!! I should much rather have the hardey rotors though!!!! Let me know on the cost a.s.a.p. if possible!!! Thanks a bunch!!! By the way my wheels are corvette style Talley wheels with brand new tires I got a great for a great price and look excellent on my 76,with out trim rings!!
zotarajohn

Return to Transmission and Driveline Tech