Unlimited Products www.UP22.com

Post reviews of H-body products here. UNBIASED REVIEWS ONLY. NO ADS.

Postby mldeolde » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:30 pm

maybe we should have every member on the west coast either call,write,or go see them personally to enlighten them to the fact that their actions in this case will definately prove damaging to market share in this ,a difficult economic time. in other words let them know that this will definatley hit them in the pocket book in the future. i'll be more than willing to harrase them in any way you wish . i was at one time considering purchaseing a hood for the IMSA from them and will let them know that this will kill that sale too if the part is not corrected and corrected quickly. the squeeky wheel gets the oil so lets bombard them and find a way past the secretery and or receptionist and straight to the SOB in charge.
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby monzajer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:30 am

mldeolde, thanx for your support. I was just about to give up and deal with it. I would very much like to get the nose on the car. I'm jonesin' real bad to drive it. But, you have re-ignited the fire and I thank you for that. Your idea is a VERY good idea. I noticed there have been over 200 views on this thread, so obviously peeps are interested. If the Left coast members could bug them maybe Unlimited would see the error of their ways are do some fixin'.

thx again jer
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Postby jdandboo@hotmail.com » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:47 am

LOL_I think I need to call them.Set up a big order,,,then notify them of their "Shady" reputation and cancel.Could be fun
I feel peeps like this dont see the food bowl until you take it away.
jdandboo@hotmail.com

Postby mldeolde » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:58 am

I'VE GOT A LETTER PREPARED TO SEND THEM. I WONDER IF THEY HAVE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT IT COULD BE SENT TO? IF ANYBODY HAS IT LET ME KNOW WHAT IT IS OTHERWISE I'LL MAIL IT .
mldeolde

Postby mldeolde » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:37 pm

found the correct e-mail addrress so i sent my letter to them. lets see if i get any response. if it's not rectified quickly then we can place these guys in the same catagory as the infamouse showtime fiberglass parts catagory. in other words they will be black balled and all members should feel free to spread the word to any and all clubs and sites that might be tempted to purchase parts from these guys.
mldeolde

Postby mldeolde » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:37 am

let us know if there is any further contact with these guys and weather it was positive or negitive results you get.... good luck and thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!
mldeolde

Postby monzajer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:12 am

The latest in the continuing saga:
I called monday, April 12, "Rebecca?""Yes"" this is Jeri Spotts" there was a long pause followed by an extremely exasperrated sigh "Yes" "yeah, happy to hear from aren't ya? What are you doing to help" "Jeri, it's been a very busy day..." "Rebecca, please, it's been almost 3 weeks and still nothing" "just a minute" 'Hello. this is Maria" "what? Maria I am being past off?" "No sir. Just a minute." At this point I was waiting for them to leave me on hold, so I waited and she came back soon. "The boss has made notes here saying we need to get the part back ASAP." "OK, who is paying the freight there and back? I shouldn't have to. I paid for a good product to be shipped one time." "well, the boss is out till Friday" (go figure) "and he calls in at 11:30, so call me tommorrow at 11:30. OK?" Now I thought that seemed like a strange time, kinda like lunch time, but , no she wouldn't tell me to call at lunch, they can't be that shifty,...or can they? "OK, but, please, tell him I shouldn't have to pay for either shipping.There or back (to me)" "Yessir, I agree. I don't want to tell you some bs." "Thank you, I appreciate that. I am not mad at you I am mad at the situation." "I understand, sir, call at 11:30." So, at precisely 11:30 I called and guess what? You know it. Rebecca answers and "...I'm sorry she's at lunch." "What? She told me to call at 11:30. Why would she say this if she was going to be at lunch?" "I don't know what to tell you sir? (blah, blah, blah)" "OK. " and I hung up.
So, I called and asked my bank if I had any type of consumer protection and they said "...it sounds like it might be frudulent activity. Come down and we will start the paperwork."
I will start the paperwork tommorrow and see what transpires and let you guys know.
What a PITA this thing is turning into.
There is NO customer service at this place. They just want your money.
thx for the support and stay tuned jer
monzajer

Postby mldeolde » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:28 am

some way should really be found to take these people to task leagaly
mldeolde

Postby jdandboo@hotmail.com » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:39 pm

dude-thats easy,,,debts ahve to be reported in the debtee's state,,,not the debtors state,,,they owe you money-file suit in your state,,leaves them$#3 choices,,hire a local lawyer to represent them in "your" state,,#2fly out to you to do it in person(wait-are they incorporated??if so-they cant defend themselves-they need to hire a lawyer!!!)or #1 dont show up and forfeit-which forces a lien against them
never tried it-and i aint no lawyer-would suggest getting real legal intelligence on this-but it should be the way to go-
jdandboo@hotmail.com

Postby Sirshredalot » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Thats the best way to do it, Send them a subpoena, and wait for them to not show up...that way youll automatically get what youre asking for in reparations.

But all in all I think youd rather have a quality product that fits correctly.

Sorry about the hassle and the BS. ..I hate dead beat product suppliers. Nothing like getting burned through the mail.

Good luck and I hope everything works out to your advantage.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby jdandboo@hotmail.com » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:01 pm

dude-check out "www.ripoffreport.com" 4 notices for this company-same old story every time-they sent junk,,customer whined,,they ignored him and gave them the run around,,,bein in auto salvage-i've made my own rules as far as shipping goes,,I dont ship nothing that i didnt personally hear run-or drive-nothing cept recent remans or under 100k,,In salvage-we tend to bite the shipping as part of the fee,,so-if i send a $300+150 shipping($450 total) motor-and it takes a dirtnap(or god forbid is already junk!!!) not only do i lose the money from the motor-i lose the shipping,,,
These peeps already sent you "junk".Are you kidding me???
send them a link to this site-see what they say,lol
jdandboo@hotmail.com

Postby mldeolde » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:18 pm

that about says it. 100 complaints to the LA better business bureau and 6 serious unresolved complaints of shoddy workmanship and hid e and go seek games played on customers wishing compensation or correction of defective parts. the only one i see rectified was thru the purchasers credit card company and it did take 8 months "shame on the credit card company too" but at least they came thru in the end ant unlimited didn't even have the nerve to ask for there parts back. they knew it wasn't worth the shipping charges it would cost them. i sure hope that some one in government ment to protect us would wake up and revoke thier bussiness license....
mldeolde

Postby jdandboo@hotmail.com » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:41 pm

call your credit card company-if theyre a good one-they will back you-but you have to act fast-some of the lesser ones have a very limited amount of thime for you to apply-of course-some also guarantee your purchase-up to a year!!!
I had a friend who broke down a couple hours from me-i trie diagnosing him over the phone-but-finally he called a tow truck(sorry-it was saturday night-and i dont drink and drive,lol)
the repair shop replaced both his fuel pumps(hmm,both going bad at the same time???)(ps-93 Bronco 5.0)After replacing both pumps and she still wouldnt run-he ran a jumper wire from a hot lead to his relay and told him there was w break in the wire somewhere between the fuel pump and the computer-and they would never be able to find it-so this was the best idea(having his fuel pump run???24 hours a day???omfg!!)
he pulled into my yard-happy his truck was running again-i asked him if he did anything the night before his trip-he said he washed the truck-engine and all,,i said,,hmmm,,,i told him i'd be back in 20 minutes-ran to work-grabbed a fuel pump relay-slapped it into his truck-popped his old relay open(full of water-gee wonder how that got there??)and disconnected that jumper wire-he sez,"you mean i just spent $1200 for a $20 relay???-
long story short-he didnt write the cc company a letter for about 3 months-i worte a testimonial stating the obvious fraud-but the cc co said it had been to long for them to pursue this-
so-call em up-NOW<< tell tehm your dilemna,,,get them breathing down their throats-like i said b4-the credit card companies have a direct line into their bank accounts-friggem,,,
jdandboo@hotmail.com

Postby monzajer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:02 pm

Here it is Monday April 21 and I just finished registering my complaint and filing for return of funds with the CC company. "It may take a little while and we're not sure if anything will happen." She told me, but I am optimistic. Unlimited has not even attempted to call me back and I know they have my number.
jdandboo: I scoped out the"ripoffreport.com" and navigated to the letters and complaints from other people about Unlimited Products. These people are saying THE EXACT same thing I'm going thru. Did anyone notice the names of the person(s) that the complainee mentioned? Let's see, there was Vikki, Virginia, Crystal and now I have been talking to Rebecca and Maria. Why such a turnover rate in personnel? Is it the nature of the business or is it the nature of THAT business?
Anyway, we will see how this turns out and I will let you know.
OBTW, I am curious: if I have to file a suit and subpeona I guess that means I have to show up. That means a day off from work. :? I don't know if that is such a good idea. I mean, more money lost to those A-holes. That might not be worth it.
mldeolde: did you get any response from the letter you sent?
Anyway, I will keep you posted and, again, thanks for the support. ALL you guys are great.

thx jer
monzajer

PreviousNext

Return to Product Reviews