radiator

Moderator: Moderators

radiator

Postby partouz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 pm

already got a 3 row radiator. the one have got is damaged.. can't fix it ... other than the one on V8monza.com which is aluminium

anybody can't suggest me a part number out of napa...or something else nobody seem to have a list

I still don't know if mine is the good application one

20.5 inch wide

16.5 tall ..... 17.5 to rad cap

I'm doomed since I want to get the car ready :cry:

Any idea what could fit but without affecting the cooling system
partouz

Re: radiator

Postby heinz057 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:49 pm

heinz057

1978 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Postby partouz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 pm

just got on spectra premium website I've got there specification for an v6 monza radiator I would like to know if anybody know if they already set them as a v8 configuration cause I've got no ideahow big is a v6 set up

www.spectrapremium.com

Core Material : Copper
Tank Material : Brass
Row No : 3
Core Height : 20 3/8"
Core Width : 14 5/8"
Core Depth : 1 7/8"
Inlet Header : 2 3/4" x 16 1/2"
Outlet Header : 2 3/4" x 16 1/2"
Entrée : 1 1/2"
Sortie : 1 1/2"
Eoc : None
Toc : 8 1/2" (Concentric)
Notes : -
partouz

Postby cosvega76 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:59 am

You don't list a part number, but it sounds similar to mine. I'm using Spectra number 533, but I had a radiator shop put a curved upper neck on it (actually an old lower neck from a 4-cylinder radiator) to clear the alternator, and a larger-diameter lower neck to match the hose I was already using.

I'm having good luck with mine, I think the worst I have seen is 205-210* idling in 90+* weather.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby partouz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:12 pm

That's the one I was looking. Thx for the info that was what I figured :wink:
partouz

Postby danfigg » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:34 pm

This is the radiator I use. It is from Jegs It is a becool universal radiator Part # is 134 65004. Unless they changed something those dimensions are wrong. That radiator is 26X16 /12 which is the same size as a Monza radiator. They actually include the measurement of the over flow spout on the radiator cap. All I did to get it to fit was use the old hose and cut it into 2 inch squares and use them as shimes so that when you bolt down the radiator support, It is tight enough to hold the rad in place. The pet Cock is in a different spot and if you have power steering you will have to do a small mod no big deal. Cut the adjust on the power steering. The area where the power steering moves to the side when you tighten up the belt. I made the slide area larger toward the water pump and then I found the shortest belt possible. In other words Instead of pushing the power steering pump to tighten the belt in the stock location, You will find that the upper hose hits the power steering pump. So what I did was pushed it to loosen the belt ( to the left if you are standing in front of the car) then on the power steering bracket I opened up that area so that I can keep pushing it to the left. Then I found a real short belt and now the upper hose clears the power steering pump. The only other problem is no trans cooler, you have to use an external trans cooler. I hope this makes sense----Danfigg
danfigg

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Postby Sirshredalot » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:09 am

Go to the parts store and order a radiator for an 01 S10 with a 4cyl.

Its exactley the right size and about 130 bucks with a lifetime warranty....only bad thing is, is that the hose sizes are small on the radiator....but its all aluminum with 1 row of 1 inch flat aluminum tubes and plastic tanks....weighs about 2lbs.

Dunno if you could make it work....but I ran across this last night when I sold one.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to Engine Tech