The "BadSunbird"

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The "BadSunbird"

Postby Badsunbird » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks Speedphreake,

Thanks for the Pic., that helps out a great deal. A visual is always better!
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza
75 Pontiac Astre GT #00002

"Bigger Than Some & Stronger Than Most"
Badsunbird

1979 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:02 pm

Speedphreake,

Thanks again, that helped out quite a bit. This was much easier than welding in the sump and then having to fill the tank with a liquid liner afterwards to seal up the pin holes that are usually always present.. This is probably a little more practical for my application and what I am doing. Anyways, I located where I wanted my holes, got them drilled and temporarily mounted in the tank. Now I will just lightly sand blast the tank, paint it and get it reinstalled. Here are a couple pics of how it turned out so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby speedphreake » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Looks good, glad I could help...
71 Vega hb
11 2500HD duramax
speedphreake

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:34 pm

Hello Again Everyone,

Well, there hasn't been too much progress on the car lately. Have been buying a few parts to replace some of the older ones that I wasn't really to thrilled with. I purchased a new CD ignition box, passengers side alternator bracket, lower trailing arms, aluminum radiator and a few other items that probably weren't really needed, but Oh Well !
Was able to get the gas tank finished and painted though and have the new fuel bulk heads installed. So the gas tank is all ready to go back into the car. Now I am ready to drop the rearend and get the new gears installed and new trailing arms also. I figure after that I will be able to finally get the gas tank back in and start running the new fuel lines and wiring as well.
The weather has been kind of a drag here lately though, So mother nature really hasn't been all that cooperative in that respect. I need to get some heat in my garage before winter really sets in this year so I can have a place to retreat to while at home on the weekends.

As usual I have attached a few pics. Talk to everyone again soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Hey All,

Finally said "Screw It" and went back over to the main shop and started working on miscellaneous stuff. Have been bead blasting some small things for the car and getting them painted, that way when I get ready to put them back on they are ready to go. The weather here in the western central part of Nebraska has been shaping up a little bit, has atleast been making it up into the mid-fifties this past week & weekend! I am looking forward to some spring like weather and getting back out into the garage and start doing some work on the Sunbird again!
Last edited by Badsunbird on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been busy stripping down my doors lately and getting them ready to sandblast, along with my front fenders, filler panel & header panel. It will be nice to get the little bit of bodywork done that they need and get them edged out and ready to put back on the car. I am also going to drop the rearend out and be getting my new gears put in, then that is going to allow me to get the reinforcement welding of the underside on the back half of the car done & painted. Then I will be able to reinstall the rearend along with my new adjustable lower trailing arms. After that I believe that I will finally be able to get the gas tank back in and start getting that whole mess plumbed. There is just so much work to do and so little time to do it!
Last edited by Badsunbird on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Hey All,

After a long winter and a recent move by my step son, this is what my garage & car looked like after moving some unwanted furniture out of my garage and into his new apartment. Can you find the car under this mess? Going to try and dig it out today, we'll see how far I actually get! Wish me luck, if I'm not back in 3 days you had probably better send out a search party! LOL. :lol:
Last edited by Badsunbird on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:41 pm

I Found It !

It only took me about three hours to get it dugout and things moved around in the garage to accommodate the moving of "stuff" !
Last edited by Badsunbird on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Last edited by Badsunbird on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 pm

Last edited by Badsunbird on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:47 pm

Last edited by Badsunbird on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Hey Guys,

Found & Saved this little "78" Monza Wagon from the crusher at one of the area salvage yards. The little wagon is in really excellent shape, one bad rust spot on the lower drivers fender and that is about it. This car also has very solid floorpans in it. This would make a really nice race car for someone since I wasn't able to obtain a title when I purchased it.

Anyways, a few pics...
Last edited by Badsunbird on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby vegon71 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 am

BSB Thats a fixer uper :th: Glad to see you posting again, I have the same scene,,its to cold,,brrr :lol: but have been making some progress anyway!!
vegon71

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback

Postby Badsunbird » Mon May 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since my last update , but I am back at it again. I am doing some body work and getting the fenders & doors straightened out and in primer. I'm also working on getting the wiring sorted out and back in the car. I will post some pictures here soon.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby monzaaddict » Mon May 26, 2014 9:48 pm

Badsunbird wrote:Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since my last update , but I am back at it again. I am doing some body work and getting the fenders & doors straightened out and in primer. I'm also working on getting the wiring sorted out and back in the car. I will post some pictures here soon.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

You still have the sunbird coupe or is this another car you are working on?
monzaaddict

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals