Detroit Swap Meet?

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

Detroit Swap Meet?

Postby Monza Harry » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:54 am

Hi Gang well its Christmas Time so my thoughts are turning to the annual Detroit Swap Meet to dream, chase, and drool (don't we all) just after the holidays. I was wondering if many of you from the metro "D" area were planning on attending this event and if there was any interest in meeting up there? If so let the typing commence. Here are a couple of links for you http://detroitswapmeet.com/ and look close inthe background on this picture http://detroitswapmeet.com/gallery.html hint it looks like its "Kermy" Green. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Detroit Swap Meet?

Postby Sunula66 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:43 pm

WOW!! Keen eye Harry! wonder if Tim knows that "Kermit" has a "relative" in Michigan :lol:
I remember you telling me about this event and it looks really good! I can't make it from out here obviously but there should be tons of H-Bodiers around there that would want to see that. Looks like a really good chance to get out of the house from all of the holiday stuff and maybe find some items! :th: Thanks for the post.
"remember... not everything is good on TOAST!"
3 Birds of a Feather...
#1 the Silver '80 W-66 code Formula purchased 9 years ago
#2 red "80 W-66 code Formula purchased Mar./16
#3 black '78-9 coupe with spoiler kit and 4spd 305...parted out to a Terrific H-Buddy
2015 Cruze Turbo Diesel/ Just replaced by the 2016 Sonic
'98 GMC 1/2 ton with corporate 3/4 ton driveline still makin' it all possible
Sunula66

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby mastiff » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Sounds like fun, But, I'm going to the Sno-Drift Rally in Atlanta MI. on jan 25- 26. Maybe next year I can save some cash for the swap. I have family in the Detroit area so my wife can visit while I go swappin.
Doug
(Mastiff)
mastiff

Postby Monza Harry » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 am

Well I would of thought that more would have shown an interest in meeting up as an informal gathering of sorts, there's not normally much H-Body specific stuff, but lots of engine/driveline stuff & tools we could use but 1 week and there are only 2 replies let's hope the ball gets rolling and we can go hang out eat some kiosk(carnival) food, yack and have a good time and actually meet each other. (Doug you have two weeks to beg borrow or steal some play money, and you can blame the wife 'cause she has to see her family, with all the guilt you can lay on her! LOL!) Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mastiff » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 am

Harry, I'd be doin the drive by to drop off my wife at my family members house ( My Aunt ) :o could have possibly get a couple of cousins to come with me. remind me again for next year I'll be in.
Doug
(Mastiff)
mastiff

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:21 am

Well I went to the swap meet today, and this time there was H-body stuff: a '72 hatchback car with a V8 (possibly the one from the "Gallery Pic's") 6 Skyhawk wheel covers RPO PO1 4 Cosworth wheels RPO N69 ( http://monza.homestead.com/wheels.html ) and a guy with some Die Cast '74 Vega's (V8 powered) I believe this is his eMail: woodcarsbyjim@aol.com if anybody is interested. In the last 7 years I have only missed 1 and that was because I has to work and I had no $cash (that is why I didn't push to have the day off) and this is the first time I have seen any H-Body stuff there, some have had stuff that I bought and they shipped to me later. Maybe there will be more stuff in the future? Harry
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:31 am

Hey Doug is there snow up there (Atlanta MI)? A week ago we had 6" on the ground and the temps were in the 20*s today 50*+ and barely enough snow for a snowball. My brother was supposed to go snowmobiling next week and the closest snow they can find is a 9 hour ride from here, probably not going to happen for him! :( How far north is Atlanta MI? you might be OK! Hopefully you can get your Drift Fix, we will have to change your handle to Slideways :lol: Harry
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mastiff » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:23 am

We still have some snow left, not enough for sleds. we had the same weather here but, now it's back to normal and supposed to get around 6 inches today. so if there is no snow for the sno-drift we should still have ice. all that melted snow turned to ice last night.
Atlanta, MI is east of Gaylord, MI. Gaylord is right on I-75 about 45 minutes south of the mac Bridge. We live about a half hour Northwest of Gaylord.
Doug
(Mastiff)
mastiff

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings