zeke's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Monza

Postby 72 SS PNL » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:52 pm

yup those will/would look good with your combo
first and best car owned 72 GT(changed to SS) panel wagon

pictures of the car from 86 - http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/06_IBM_GOAT/955
72 SS PNL

1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby fyrftr50 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 am

So thats why you didn't make it to the MonzaQue this summer, your Monza is hanging from your garage as wind chimes. Makes sense, hard to drive a chime pretty much anywhere. nice progress!!!
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby zeke » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:48 am

fyrftr50 wrote:So thats why you didn't make it to the MonzaQue this summer, your Monza is hanging from your garage as wind chimes. Makes sense, hard to drive a chime pretty much anywhere. nice progress!!!

Thanx Bryan, I'm driving this car to your place next year if I'm still invited!

Sorry I haven't made it down there earlier. I kinda lost interest in all things automotive for a while and didn't go to any shows anywhere. :bang: I'm over that now and look forward to mingleing with the h-crowd. Image

Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby fyrftr50 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Your always invited Zeke (hell, anyone with an H-Body is).

We all know about losing interest from time-to-time, god knows I've had my fair share of it in recent years. The Road Hawk sat for a while because of it (now it just sits due to lack of cash to paint it, lol) and even my website sat relatively untouched on-and-off for years. We all get back in the game somehow, good to see you found it too, Cheers!
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby zeke » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Hey thanx man, cheers to ya as well. Image

Money sure seems to get in the way of h-fun, I know all about that too. Thats why I chose to use tremclad for the engine bay. Thin it with quality reducer is the trick to get it to spray and shine. I may paint the whole car tremclad fire red I like it so much and red automotive paint is rediculously expensive anyways. Gonna experiment on a piece of urethane mixing tremclad with enamel flex agent first.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm back after losing interest for a few years due to major personal problems. I think I have solved those issues now and it's time to get this hatchback on the road!

I had a 95 G3500 GMC van that was pretty rotted but the drivetrain was still in good shape. I intended to just stick it in the car along with the factory TBI setup but due to major block design changes to the gen2 L05, the Monza pan won't work out. So I decided to just use the heads, intake and tbi system on my gen 1 355 block. Too bad that I can't use the roller camshaft setup, but too many changes to the block.

I had Crane pick out the cam for this strange combo I'm putting together. The lift and duration are close to the factory specs for the TBI system camshaft that was in the van. New springs will ensure that it doesn't float till the end of the power curve at 5600rpm. The 95 gen2 had dished pistons and my 76 gen1 has flat tops so I'm bumping up the compression slightly to gain a bit of hp. I am more interested in fuel enconomy but it still should make around 300 hp I'm guessing which is more than enough in a 2600 pound car with 13 inch tires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:35 pm

The front drive setup will be made from a passenger side 91 Caprice smog pump/ a/c compressor mount, factory Monza p/s setup with 3 one inch spacers welded on and I'll have to fab two idler mounts. The smog pump will be scrapped in favour of mounting the cs130 alternator in place with some minor mods.

I have no room for a fan on the engine side with the long water pump so either the rad will be moved forward or I'll figure out how to push air thru from the other side, not sure yet.

Factory manifolds and single exhaust for now, headers and dualies later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby chevyart » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 pm

are you zeke the geek that made that nice fuel pump alteration with the bigger line. have not seen your name in years. welcome back art
chevyart

Postby zeke » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:31 am

Yep, that would be me eh. I wonder if anyone used the idea. Thank-you Art!
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Santa FedEx showed up early with some Summit and Rockauto stuff!
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:40 pm

progress...
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby SOLSAKS » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Love your car, you have the desire and the ability
thanks for posting pics of your hard work for us to enjoy.
looks great. :D
SOLSAKS

Postby zeke » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Thank-you Solsaks! :D

I need to get the heads finished and assemble the motor now. More pics soon. :dance:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Finally motor assembly has begun :!:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Looks like the valve covers will work with rollers which pleases me as I'm trying to make the installation look factory. It felt good to blast the chrome timing cover! lol
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals