need Vega floor pans

Moderator: Moderators

need Vega floor pans

Postby pappabear1973 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:23 pm

I am picking up a nice 77 Vega hatchback. The floor has a little bit of Rot. So I am wanting to replace them. Can any one direct me to a place to buy them? Thank you
pappabear1973

Re: need Vega floor pans

Postby kgroombr » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:19 am

Unless you are lucky enough to find somebody cutting up a Vega with good floor pans (why cut up a Vega with good floor pans?), you will have to fabricate them. I have fabricated some 2 foot square pieces to replace some rusted areas in my Vega. They looked pretty darn close to the original section. I cut out the rusty section, and used it as a template. It took quite bit of hammering and some shaping on the edge of a table, but everything, including the beads, lined up close enough to weld in with little effort.

Something like this would produce much nicer beads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M37lnkkvSw

Ken
kgroombr

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby cosvega76 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:51 am

Where are you located? I have the remains of the Flyin' Turd Vega. While the front portions of the floor are a bit bent up, there may be sections you could cut out and use.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby pappabear1973 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Sorry i live in upstate ny. If i still worked for star i would have been out that way almost weekly. But not any more. I did pick up a bead roller and upgraded my welder. I will attempt to create my own for pans. Thank you. Jody
pappabear1973

Return to Bodywork and Accident Repair