EZ EFI Fuel pump options

Moderator: Moderators

EZ EFI Fuel pump options

Postby hoffbug » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:52 pm

What kind of Horsepower has anyone fed from the stock Vega fuel pump?

Im talking street here.. I want to add FAST EZ EFI to my project.. It will have a pretty low powered Olds 215 aluminum V-8 so Probably only 200HP.. Im wondering if I can feed an inline pump supplied with the EZ EFI kit from the stock Vega in tank pump? Sort of like I beieve the Cosworth did with the high pressure pump being installed inline..
I do have a Cosworth tank that supposedly has some baffling installed.. I Just dont want to get into that situtation where Im forced to keep the tank half full to stop the pump from sucking air and re-priming at every stoplight or surge.

Think it would work?
You can sleep in your car, but you cant drive your house!
77 Vega "The Vegrant"
hoffbug

Re: EZ EFI Fuel pump options

Postby hammerdown7 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:11 pm

I don't know why it wouldn't work, there is nothing special about the Cosworth in-tank pump that feeds it's HP pump. The one thing I don't know is that you may have to add a fitting for the return line. The Cosworth bracket/fuel gauge sender does have an extra line for the return plus the vent that is normally in the tank.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby hoffbug » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 pm

So the Cosworth system does have some sort of return line from the factory? I wasnt sure about whether it deadheaded or not...
This is good to know, because if it does Im pretty certain what I want to do would work...
You can sleep in your car, but you cant drive your house!
77 Vega "The Vegrant"
hoffbug

Postby hammerdown7 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 am

Yes, there is a map sensor and fuel pressure regulator mounted on the firewall that keeps the fuel pressure at 39psi. A line runs from the regulator back to the fuel tank.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Return to Carb/Intake/EFI Induction Tech