Monza Door Panel repairs/parts

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

Monza Door Panel repairs/parts

Postby Todd TCE » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi Guys

I brought this up somewhere else but wanted to again here.

I've stripped the door panels on my Monza and found (no surprise) that the upper plastic panels (creating the curve) are cracked. In fact if you take them apart by all means grind the staples off don't pull on them. No, I didn't find out the hard way!

The upper section is dedicated right and left and is stapled to both the hard board panel and the window wipe. It's a nice part. When new.

To repair them I'm thinking some glue and some thin aluminum riveted in place will get the job done.

BUT>>>> if there's interest I got a quote on making new ones out of fiberglass. Still mulling it over. The cost will come to $120ea. They won't be super pretty as the mold will be pulled and corrected as best it can off my parts. But the new parts won't be prone to splitting if you bump the door either! Anyone here have an desire to help on this one? I'm not doing it alone. I'd like to see at least three others in on this. The mold costs are going to be about $550. Amortizing that over the pieces plus parts I think $120ea is reasonable.

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Todd
TCE
Todd TCE

Re: Monza Door Panel repairs/parts

Postby Todd TCE » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Not getting any luv on this one. Pretty much on my own huh?
Todd
TCE
Todd TCE

Return to Restoration Tips