zeke's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Monza

Postby zzip » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:23 pm

Great work again Chris .

Grtz
Peter
1988 Monza L4 2.5L
1989 Monza Spyder L4 2.5L
1990 Monza Spyder V6 3.2L
1991 Monza Spyder V6 3.8L
2013 Monza V6 3.8L
2014 Starfire V6 3.8L
zzip

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:25 am

Thanx Peter;

I changed the wiper switch plug out for the new module pigtail. My battery is toast tho, sulphated from sitting around too much. Need new one before I can test.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby dindin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:06 am

Wow thats pretty awesome work there, all you have let is to pray for drizzle.. :lol:

Al
dindin

Postby zeke » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:01 pm

dindin wrote:Wow thats pretty awesome work there, all you have let is to pray for drizzle.. :lol:

Al

Thanx Al and I had noticed the ironic nature of adding delay wipers to a sunny day car. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: It was very good exercise for my brain. ;)

I have the module working in the car now, had to change a couple of resistors to alter timing pulse lengths. The motor moves much slower under load in the car as opposed to the bench.

Half second intermittent drive pulse was too short to move the cam off of the park switch. Changed to 1s. I'm also changing the wash pulse length selection to a trim pot instead of resistors. Should be variable from 1 to 5 wipes then.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:28 pm

zeke wrote:Thanx Al and I had noticed the ironic nature of adding delay wipers to a sunny day car. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: It was very good exercise for my brain. ;)

And for more Ironic parts for a warm weather car how about these Chris? Harry http://www.1aauto.com/1978-chevy-monza- ... 978-32-215 P.S. I want these too but not likely to go that way.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby mahoy78spyder » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Very nice!
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby SOLSAKS » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:35 pm

entire project,...each component, Flawless
McGuyver Skills to the max....
...BRILLIANT JOB in all aspects.
iam in awe.
thanx for all the photos.
dave in NC,...U.S.A.
SOLSAKS

Postby zeke » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:44 am

Thank-you Ken & Dave! Your comments inspire me. :th:

Underdash room is at a premium now with the extra wiring, ecm, relays and modules. :shock:

wiper switch.jpg

Had enough of the complicated stuff for a bit, switching to mechanical mode, car needs an exhaust system. :dance:

Dual 2.25" SS with converters! Never built an exhaust system before but compared to what I've done already, seems much simpler. I'm sure that I'll learn otherwise. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:46 am

Can't find the instruction sheet of where to cut for Monza. :lol:

20160219_001853.jpg

Looks like enough pipe to do 3 cars but probably need all the bends. I'll have to get an exhaust shop to make the flares? for me to mate with the manifolds and adapt up to 2.25". Also thinking I should make new 3 hole flange clamps? for that connection out of SS sheet. I see new ones on Summit but not for two inch. Sorry, not familiar with the correct terminology for exhaust system parts.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:21 am

Seems kind of pointless to put an expensive high flowing exhaust behind a set of factory manifolds. Considering altering the project a little and running headers.

Doesn't exactly fit my factory look theme but I may have to cheat on this part. Decisions... lol
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:30 pm

Sanderson's confusing number system explained.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:23 pm

I mentioned that the L05 heads will be upgraded someday.

Sam wrote:Hello Chris:

When you select new cylinder heads, be aware of a few points so that you won't need to change headers:
Avoid D-Port
Avoid Angle Plug
Avoid Vortec (and this includes aftermarket cylinder heads utilize Vortec spark plug locations.
The Vortec cylinder have different plug spacing, and many aftermarket manufacturers do not tell you this in their product description. So, here is the easy way to tell. Standard small block cylinder heads have plug spacing (distance between the two CENTER spark plugs) of 4.5". On cylinder heads using Vortec spacing, that distance is only 4.0".

More good info from Sanderson!

Ordered CC13-SEC through Summit because they handle everything at the border and it's easier/cheaper.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:04 am

Ordered some 2282 mounts last Thursday from RockAuto, for under 3 bucks each, and they showed up already! My factory mounts aren't in the best shape and I read it's important to have tight mounts when the steering shaft runs through the header tubes, this closely.

I realized over the weekend that the L05 does use "Vortec" heads so had to contact Sanderson to correct them and advise Summit.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby avewhtboy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:07 am

zeke wrote:I mentioned that the L05 heads will be upgraded someday.

Sam wrote:Hello Chris:

When you select new cylinder heads, be aware of a few points so that you won't need to change headers:
Avoid D-Port
Avoid Angle Plug
Avoid Vortec (and this includes aftermarket cylinder heads utilize Vortec spark plug locations.
The Vortec cylinder have different plug spacing, and many aftermarket manufacturers do not tell you this in their product description. So, here is the easy way to tell. Standard small block cylinder heads have plug spacing (distance between the two CENTER spark plugs) of 4.5". On cylinder heads using Vortec spacing, that distance is only 4.0".

More good info from Sanderson!

Ordered CC13-SEC through Summit because they handle everything at the border and it's easier/cheaper.

I was unaware of the problem with Vortec heads, I was contemplating getting a set of those but sounds like I should reconsider that.

Thanks for the information.
avewhtboy

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals