Bits and Peices some part numbers and ideas

Moderator: Moderators

Bits and Peices some part numbers and ideas

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:58 pm

Here is some sender numbers for those of you with newer cylinder heads and those :censored: :cuss: smaller 3/8"NPT sender ports as opposed to the original 1/2" NPT ones. this is for the light, thanx go to a recent Hot Rod Mag. article
Monza Temp Light Sender.jpg
There are others Temps [and threads] available but this is similar to stock. The one for the gauge comes from an '80 Monza with a 2.5L I found this by searching Summits site for Monza with no filters other than gauges and lots of reading the numbers supplied.
Monza Gauge Sender R.jpg
And here are the shortcuts to these on Summit's site. Light http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/lng-43252 Gauge http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/s ... odel/monza I wired my Oil pressure switch in a few months back, but I had to come up with an idea for marking the wires for reconnection after a previous owner had, [or had done] cut the oil pressure plug wires for the fuel pump off to fix a faulty switch. Oh yes the cut them flush so there was no turning back, so while perusing Rock Auto's site I see a heading for connectors under electrical and click. and TaDa! http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinf ... 477&jpid=0 So when it shows up the wires or terminal aren't marked, so after a quick H-Body search I find the terminal layout. Now I have to come up with a way to mark these wires in Blue, Pink, and Purple I have Blue electrical tape and heat shrink but Pink and Purple I can't find anywhere. So while walking through the dollar store I spot some nail polish in all kinds of garish colours, only two bucks each and my wire marking worries are over. So while watching TV I pull out my Connector and Nail Polish, find my cheat sheet from H-Body mark my wires and the next day (Ok somewhat soon after) I proceed out to the car and hook it up with out fighting unmarked wires. May this give you ideas to solve your hard to reach/see wiring issues. Harry
Oil Pressue connector R.jpg
Oil Pressure Connector Box R.jpg
Continued in next post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Bits and Peices some part numbers and ideas

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:15 pm

And here are a few in car pic's if I was to do this again I would have found the clear heat shrink and covered the nail-polish with that instead of painting the outside of the wire/heat shrink. No real problem as I get to move it when I go V8 Space was tight for me in there. I have other pic's but they don't show much else. I have no idea why I never shot a pic of it finished and installed I guess I can always amend this thread later. Harry
Oil Pressure Wiring IV R.jpg
Oil Pressure Wiring V R.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:13 am

Use crimps like the one on the right without an insulator sleeve and also solder. ;)
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:02 am

This is temporary until I V8 this thing, ok a couple of years temporary. I have a lot to sort out and not much play time for this now. Un-insulated, crimped soldered, and dual wall heat shrink is my go to connection of choice, I have to make sure that this is the only problem someone was "camouflaging", as well this is easier to undo if necessary for some unknown issue. Harry
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Electrical and Wiring