FUEL TANK

Moderator: Moderators

FUEL TANK

Postby texasgilbert » Sat May 21, 2016 8:08 am

Hey guys. Does anyone know of anywhere to buy a fuel tank for a 76 GT wagon? I searched everywhere I could think of with no luck. I'm trying to build the 76 GT wagon finally but I'm afraid I'm going to need a fuel tank. Any suggestions? Any other people out there who have used other tanks with any luck? Thanks.
texasgilbert

Re: FUEL TANK

Postby kgroombr » Sat May 21, 2016 1:41 pm

I have one, and I believe it is fairly nice only with a couple dents in the bottom (nothing major). Let me know if you are interested, but shipping would probably be a bit pricey. How fast do you need it?

Ken
kgroombr

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby texasgilbert » Sun May 22, 2016 6:54 am

Hey Ken. I'm not really concerned about the outside looks as this will be a daily driver, not a show car. I'm more concerned about what it looks like on the inside. I'd like to get it going by mid June if possible. Let me know how much you want for it and shipping (cheapest slow ) to zip 78413. Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it. I'll take off the old tank and let you know ASAP.
Gilbert
texasgilbert

Postby chevyart » Sun May 22, 2016 10:03 am

i wonder if one of these suction tools they use to get dents from car bodies would take dents out of the gas tanks? art
chevyart

Postby texasgilbert » Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 am

:lol: I have no idea but it sounds like a good plan. I was thinking of blowing it up with air pressure.
texasgilbert

Postby kgroombr » Mon May 23, 2016 12:44 pm

I will get you pics. Inside was pretty clean and there were no thin spots. Will hopefully get it out in a day or two.

Ken
kgroombr

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby chevyart » Mon May 23, 2016 1:53 pm

hey tex ir kg has a good tank, you should take it right away. they dont show up too often on this site, especially ones that are clean on the inside. art
chevyart

Postby texasgilbert » Tue May 24, 2016 7:29 am

Thanks Art. I'm going to try and take down the tank in the wagon today or tomorrow. I know I should get it but I'm limited on funds right now. I'm hoping the tank in the wagon is good but looking just in case. Like you said, they are very hard to find.
texasgilbert

Postby texasgilbert » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:10 am

Finally got around to taking out the fuel tank on my 76 GT Wagon. The left side had a hole I could see right through. The sock filter was stuck to the bottom of the tank so I do need another tank. If you guys know of an aftermarket tank that will fit or an OEM tank please let me know. I sent Ken a PM. I just hope I didn't wait too long to respond. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Gilbert
Also, does anyone know how to make files smaller? I have tried to post pictures but it always says my files are too big. Do I need to adjust the settings in my camera or is there a program I could use? Sorry but I'm not great a tech guy.
texasgilbert

Return to Engine Tech