Pontiac V8 H-Body

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pontiac V8 H-Body

Postby Astre4.9 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:49 pm

Thanks, Tom!
I was hoping you and the other participants from 5+ years ago would see this. This thread was at least partially the inspiration for making this happen and this site was very educational when I first bought the car(s). I'll post more when I can, but right now I'm hell bent on getting this thing ready for first fire-up and break-in. Really want it to be on the road by the end of the month!

Ron.
Astre4.9

Postby 77Astre455 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:39 pm

Yes yes you can
77Astre455

Postby Bullet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Reviving this semi-dusty thread because I am leaving in the morning to pick up my new to me H-body, a '76 Astre. In the words of the guy in the cheap Nicholas Cage knock-off of Gone in 60 Seconds, it's my unicorn. I had one about 20 years ago and it met an untimely fate. Having always been a Pontiac guy, my aspirations was for a 455/4spd. car. That is my intentions once again. A Pontiac answer for Baldwin's Super Vega, a Super Chief so to speak. I haven't even seen another Astre close by for sale in years so I feel extremely blessed to have found a nice one to build. On a side note, I will be releasing from custody, a '80 Monza coupe with lots of extra parts as soon as I can gather everything together, I'll post it here first. I have been trying to find more information on the 461 Astre in another thread but haven't seen anything other than a couple short YouTube clips that don't show any real detail. I am wondering if it was ever road worthy. I do recall seeing an Astre with a 301 turbo setup in Hiperformance Pontiac magazine a number of years ago.
Bullet

Previous

Return to Engine Tech