Wiring diagram for 76 Vega with air conditioning

Moderator: Moderators

Wiring diagram for 76 Vega with air conditioning

Postby Thomas Hamilton » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Anyone out there have a wiring diagram for a 76 Vega with air conditioning? Any help
Would be appreciated. Thanks [quote][/quote][/size]
Tom
Thomas Hamilton

Re: Wiring diagram for 76 Vega with air conditioning

Postby 76wagon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:01 pm

This thread has the wiring diagram for a '76 Vega but I don't see A/C wiring viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22240

Hopefully someone has the A/C diagram, I'll need it soon too.

Phill
76wagon

Postby spencerforhire » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 pm

My apologies for the Mitchell diagrams not having any info on H-bodies with A/C. I thought Senior Savage posted some somewhere.....
The "fleet"-
72 Vega HB Drag Car -383/'Glide/9"(9.35@146.19)(5.94@117.28 1/8th)
77 Vega Estate wagon- project(someday)will have TPI305/T-5, S-10 spindles/axles
76 Vega GT- 400/4spd/9" retired from active duty(rusty)
06 Silverado 2WD ex.cab daily
03 Silverado 2WD ex.cab (retired)
06 Haulin' 20ft enclosed car transporter
06 GMC Canyon Shop truck
07 Colorado project( 5.3 4L60e swap)
99 Saturn SL1- wife's car
01 Saturn SC2- son's project
07 Saturn Ion Redline project
and 4 more Saturn "parts cars"
Note- the very act of listing all of these has made me realize I have some kind of problem.....

Visit http://www.spencerforhire.ca
spencerforhire

1972 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby spencerforhire » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:46 pm

found one-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The "fleet"-
72 Vega HB Drag Car -383/'Glide/9"(9.35@146.19)(5.94@117.28 1/8th)
77 Vega Estate wagon- project(someday)will have TPI305/T-5, S-10 spindles/axles
76 Vega GT- 400/4spd/9" retired from active duty(rusty)
06 Silverado 2WD ex.cab daily
03 Silverado 2WD ex.cab (retired)
06 Haulin' 20ft enclosed car transporter
06 GMC Canyon Shop truck
07 Colorado project( 5.3 4L60e swap)
99 Saturn SL1- wife's car
01 Saturn SC2- son's project
07 Saturn Ion Redline project
and 4 more Saturn "parts cars"
Note- the very act of listing all of these has made me realize I have some kind of problem.....

Visit http://www.spencerforhire.ca
spencerforhire

1972 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:37 pm

I have the factory wiring diagrams for the '76 Monza I'll check how complete it is with regards to A/C and Vega. Then I have to figure out how to post it, it is 4 pages wide as a fold out. Some of you may be getting some calls for tutorials on larger picture posts. [I think it is hard enough to follow in the tiny as it is format without breaking it up into 4 pic's and as 1 it will be tiny]. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Thomas Hamilton » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks for the diagram of 76 Vega AC. Someone took the unit out of the vehicle and I'm trying to get the heater to work without the unit. Hopefully this will help. Thanks again. No problem
Tom
Thomas Hamilton

Postby Geezocrimany » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Does anyone know if the 1976 Astre uses the same wiring schematics?
Geezocrimany

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:26 am

If they were similarly equipped Gee', I would think so, as no one has yet complained about cross brand issues, just some minor differences with equipment and years of course. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 am

Monza Harry wrote:I have the factory wiring diagrams for the '76 Monza I'll check how complete it is with regards to A/C and Vega. Then I have to figure out how to post it, it is 4 pages wide as a fold out. Some of you may be getting some calls for tutorials on larger picture posts. [I think it is hard enough to follow in the tiny as it is format without breaking it up into 4 pic's and as 1 it will be tiny]. Harry

Hi Harry,
How did this work out for you and the four pages? You could perhaps scan them into Photoshop as individual panels and re-assemble the large image in Photoshop and output it as a PDF.
Do you have access to the 77 Pontiac Sunbird AC schematic? Does the 76 Vega schematic control have the "Bi-Level" setting like the 77 Sunbird system?
Thanks in advance.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:20 pm

Sorry I haven't touched my computer at home in almost a week![until tonight] I am so busy at work right now, 58 to 60+ hours a week, with no end in sight and then the holidays. I am usually finished shopping by now and I haven't even started, 24 more days, Lottsa time :rolleyes: and then wife's re-action :whack: I will try and scan these over the holidays I will have tech support then too! [kids wanting big presents :lol: ] I'l try and not forget you but I am relying on my name tag to remember my name right now! :D Harry
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm

Monza Harry wrote:Sorry I haven't touched my computer at home in almost a week![until tonight] I am so busy at work right now, 58 to 60+ hours a week, with no end in sight and then the holidays. I am usually finished shopping by now and I haven't even started, 24 more days, Lottsa time :rolleyes: and then wife's re-action :whack: I will try and scan these over the holidays I will have tech support then too! [kids wanting big presents :lol: ] I'l try and not forget you but I am relying on my name tag to remember my name right now! :D Harry

Happy New Year---Did you have any luck with the 77 Sunbird AC schematics? Thanks in advance.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
74_Vega_GT

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:01 am

Sorry I haven't undertaken that task yet, still busy at work and well I'm old and easily tired out these days, and the only other excuse I have is well I am stupid. Just haven't figured out how to scan this it is 4 or 5 pages wide and I can't get my phone and computer to share pic's for quite awhile now. I'll PM you in a day or 2 and see if we can figure some other way out. Sorry for my ineptitude Harry
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 am

Harry, you mentioned 4 to five pages...is this a fold-out sheet? Similar to the way a "Centerfold" would fold out?..(here come the jokes)..lol.. There is a printing client of mine that has a garage with repair manuals going way back and I may go by there and peruse his automotive library to find this 77 Sunbird schematic. Can you tell me which manual you are going to get the images from and I may be able to do that on my end for you. Thanks...Peace
74_Vega_GT

Postby Monza Harry » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:22 pm

74_Vega_GT wrote:Harry, you mentioned 4 to five pages...is this a fold-out sheet? Similar to the way a "Centerfold" would fold out?..(here come the jokes)..lol.. YES There is a printing client of mine that has a garage with repair manuals going way back and I may go by there and peruse his automotive library to find this 77 Sunbird schematic. Can you tell me which manual you are going to get the images from and I may be able to do that on my end for you. 1976 Chevrolet All Passenger Cars Wiring Diagrams. All original GM Service lit Thanks...Peace

I answered in Red for direct fit info! Oh and Please keep your Pants On! :lol:
I bought all of these back in the early '80's for my Monza I have supplemented [from eBay for my current car] but I only have the 1 year wiring diagrams [1976] Harry
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Mon May 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Thanks Harry,
I am in need of more info than these scematics can provide I think. Working with the 77 Pontiac Sunbird AC setup, One of the main differences I am noticing is the cold control with its extra settings (Bi-Level) and. The 74 vega had 2 pressure cut out switches, one for the high side and one for the low side. The sunbird 77 system seems to only have one cut out switch. We are using the 77 Sunbird AC wiring harness. The compressor is of the Sanden type like the S-10 on the 4.3 engine. There is a place on the back of this compressor to add a high pressure cut out switch.
Which year did GM add the Bi-level setting to the AC controls?
I did notice the microswitch in the air ducting at the defrost door. I assume this is to bring ON the compressor when the lever is pushed all the way over to defrost.
Do we have a schematic for the Sunbird as complete as the Vega-Monza AC schematics here on the forum?
Thanks in advance.
74_Vega_GT

Return to Electrical and Wiring