v6 camaro engine swap?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

v6 camaro engine swap?

Postby spyderhunter » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Has anyone attempted this swap, or know if it will fit? Dohc v6 @325 hp should set back farther than a 5.3 and about the same power. But is it too wide? I'm sure someone here has looked into this..... My project has been on the way back burner while I tore down and built a new house. :bang: 3 yrs later I finally have a bedroom floor and master bath. I am wanting to get the Mirage together this year and finally get to drive it. I have looked at a lot of different swap ideas but so many add up to a lot more than I'd like to spend. I just want something fun / not to be on Street Outlaws. Maybe the ol' 350 goes back in if I have to. I just love the ease of fuel injection and its reliability. :dance: (That's the wife who has a bedroom floor and bathroom now)
spyderhunter

Re: v6 camaro engine swap?

Postby res0o7eb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:39 am

Good idea. Go for it.
I have not looked into the new DOHC V-6, but here is an old thread on the 90's version of the DOHC V6 - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23985 .
I am not sure about dimensions of these motors, but the older version certainly looks like it will fit in a Vega when turned 90 degrees.

2016 is an LGX - there are actually two of them on car=part.com for about $2500 - not bad.
If you can get a LF3 or an LF4 - awesome.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine
I have an earlier version of this engine from a 2005 Cadillac CTS - it's just a 2.8l though.
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Return to General Discussion