zeke's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Monza

Postby zeke » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks Spencer, I like detail. A look at any of the pages in this thread will will remove any suspicion of purism in me. :lol:

Plus, it looks better than this>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 6D9 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:46 am

zeke wrote:
spencerforhire wrote:If you can get those Sandersons to fit without the use of a BFH or the "blue tipped hot wrench", I will sell my Hooker 2135's in a flash.

No hammer, no torch - check! :bang:

Making new engine mounts also so I will be able to set the height to whatever works. :idea: Hopefully won't need to modify the air cleaner - again. :cuss:

Thanx 6D9 8)

Your welcome!!
72 Vega GT...406 sbc..TH700R4...3.42 gear...235/60/15 MT DR's....11.54 at 118.6..Dad's car
72 Vega GT...4cyl..4 speed..all stock
6D9

Postby zeke » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 pm

New louvers installed. Some slight trimming, sharp tin snips work good. Think I may tint the glass later.

I've got enough refurbished painted stuff on the car already so it's actually nice to see some brand new virgin plastic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 am

Picked up my brand new windshield last weekend. It fit in the back seat of my Buick no problem. Just had to sit it upside down so would clear the armrests. Came with a mile of bubble wrap on it and a huge cardboard box.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri May 26, 2017 12:15 am

Parts gathering for 5 bolt conversion continues. Found a nice left sill plate and set of valve covers for cheap.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Temporary exhaust for engine break in, don't want to kill the new Sandersons.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Sounds like it's missing, feels like the valves are tight, one injector is leaking, alternator isn't charging, gas gauge isn't working BUT IT RUNS! lol

Cooling fans even switched on and do they ever move air!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvlniypAt7k&feature=youtu.be
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby RedFiveKBS » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:37 am

About time you slacker!! :th: :lol:
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby zeke » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:20 pm

I'll geterdun! (eventually) :devil: Thanx man :th:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:03 am

One thing leads to another...

Found out why the engine was running so bad after I stuck the timing light on it. Like minus 30 degrees with computer advance disconnected. Couldn't quite get it to zero because of the way I plumbed the pressure switch. Off to the depot for a 1/4" brass 45 degree street elbow. They only have 90's, ok np except now the plug won't reach. aaarrrggghh lol

I've soldered and shrink tubed so many connections on this car, three more is nothing. It is done and it idles nicely now altho my temporary exhaust is leaky/noisy.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Fuel gauge was just a bad connection. Alternator was charging but LED indicators wouldn't go out fully. Common problem it seems with no solution readily available so I designed one. The LEDS will light with much less voltage than a incandescent bulb.

When the ignition is turned on, power flows thru the 1N4007 diode and the 330 ohm resistor to the L terminal to excite the alternator.

When the engine is started and the alternator starts to charge, 12 volts is sent back out the L wire to the non inverting input of the op amp used as a voltage comparator. This exceeds the threshold set by the voltage divider on the the inverting input and comparator turns LED driving transistor off.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XaT-7SMhpQ&feature=youtu.be
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:24 pm

dark view

In between the direction indicators, there is an unused blue lens from factory. When I made the light boxes, wasn't sure what to do with it so I added a LED for it and wired it to the high beam circuit. Plan is to change the "BRIGHT" indicator on the upper left to an "OIL" indicator. Would also like to replace the engine icon with a yellow "ENGINE" text someday.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby RedFiveKBS » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Seriously. Make me one of these! :lol:
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby zeke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:50 pm

RedFiveKBS wrote:Seriously. Make me one of these! :lol:

Along with your cluster bezel and choice of gauges, send: :lol:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:56 pm

zeke wrote:dark view In between the direction indicators, there is an unused blue lens from factory.

That is funny Zeke on my '76 that was the high beam indicator. I'll have to check out the '78 if and when I get it back [I sent it out for work with explicit instructions that I need it back to make it ready(ish) for the MonzaQue, one week left and I just got a part back yesterday to send out for repair :bang: :censored: :cuss: ] I just don't understand the factory's thinking on these matters, changing things just to make changes, unless there was some unknown legislation on this(?) Making it your own with a definite factory flair there Chris :th: Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals