Random Old H-Body Pictures

Best technical articles on the forums. Send nominations to the admins. You can reply to topics but only admins can make new ones.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Random Old H-Body Pictures

Postby Kenova » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:18 pm

[quote="Monza Harry"] ............that small [even compared to a Monza] one with "Mags" behind the quad door is the one I can't remember for the life of me. Funny thing is I don't remember them as that sharp back then. That little car looks pretty mean right there. ..........[/quote]

If you tilt your head to the right, hang your tongue out the left side of your mouth, and squint it kinda sorta looks like an early Firebird. Or is that just me?

Ken
Kenova

Postby tinsfci » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:29 am

Glad you liked it :)

Yes, it´s a meeting actually called "The Brekfast Club". It´s organized by a Swedish car magazine called "Klassiker" ("Classics") and focus on ALL cars older than approx. 25 years (but there´s no exact limit).
In other words, not just sports cars, not just "rare" cars. ALL cars are welcome :) Meeting time is always 6 AM (!) on Saturdays. The good thing about that is that "all" other people and cars are sleeping, so we have the whole town for ourself. Stockholm, capital of Sweden is quite a big city, and it´s WONDERFUL to take the Monza for a drive threre this season of the year. And at approx. 7.30, 8 AM the meeeting dissolves by itself and everything goes back to normal, you´re back home at 8.30 ready for 2nd breakfast :)

About the cars:

- I count 5 Volvos in the pic. Yes, the yellow one is P1800. Very cool. (appeared in "The Saint" with Roger Moore)
- The Blue one is a Vauxhall Firenza. I liked it too. Gives you a little H-body feeling

I have a bunch more pics from the event, going to publish them on Facebook little later.

In the meantime, here´s a few more (sorry for the little bit Off-Topic here)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tinsfci

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:57 pm

[quote="Kenova"][quote="Monza Harry"] ............that small [even compared to a Monza] one with "Mags" behind the quad door is the one I can't remember for the life of me. Funny thing is I don't remember them as that sharp back then. That little car looks pretty mean right there. ..........[/quote]

If you tilt your head to the right, hang your tongue out the left side of your mouth, and squint it kinda sorta looks like an early Firebird. Or is that just me?

Ken[/quote]It's just you, do you want CammerJeff to come lookin' for you? Don't say that too loud! :) Tinsfi I don't consider that off-topic at all, your car was there you have it covered. That Vauxhall in it's "Canadian Guise" was replaced by the Vega, So that to fits right in [at least in Canada] The possible 6th I was referring to is much newer and way more "European" and I honestly don't recognize it at all just seemed like a Possible Volvo. The one way at the back with your new added pictures I can now see, is a Riviera [Buick] and I always liked the styling of all Riv's. I really appreciate you sharing, some stuff we don't often see around here much, or at all! For example the little yellow Lotus, my brother had/(has?) a "Dinky" car of that one but I have seen only one in person that car is only up to my waist and "I Ain't Tall" [5'8"/173cm] Harry
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby waybad » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 pm

nice cars!!!
waybad

Postby tinsfci » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am

Later that day (same day as The Breakfast Club) June 17th "Skå Veterans Day":
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tinsfci

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby waybad » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:22 pm

I really want that travel trailor
waybad

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:55 pm

[quote="waybad"]I really want that travel trailor[/quote]
Funny Tinker all those cool cars and we both "Zoom-in" on the same thing! LOL :) Harry
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Dburger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:01 pm

9/4/84 - finally found an image I can post. For some reason I can't BB/IMG code images in anymore and would be forced to download and reupload them here, but most are marked "All Rights Reserved". Luckily, this one is public domain.
Dburger

Postby Dburger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:06 pm

11/13/84 - another public domain image.
Dburger

Postby Dburger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Dburger

Previous

Return to Best Of