zeke's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Monza

Postby zeke » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Made up some SS brackets so my tailpipes will stay lined up and finished installing the hangers with some mods. Much more to yet but prob already a 100 times in out from under the car. :shock:

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mpe-11215
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:45 pm

Re-did the muffler hangers so he bolts aren't sticking down. Still working on crossover pipe, proving to be difficult to make line up and clear trans.I will be so glad when this sub project is completed. :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Getting there.... I'm making the whole system easily removable.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:58 am

Wow, that was a waste of money! If anyone know what does work, lemme know please.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby TimMcCabe » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:09 am

Hi Chris,

I bought one of those Philips LED lights at Princess Auto... unadulterated POS!
I ended up finding a flat LED light used for an RV in the surplus section at PA for $5 and put it inside the Vega Dome light, works great.

Cheers,
Tim
1972 TPI Vega T56 6 speed

Contact me for all of your Tachometer needs
TimMcCabe

Postby zeke » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Hey Tim;

Found some 12 led bulbs on ebay actually from Toronto for $3.50 a bulb. I hear from others that they are almost too bright. Hope they work with the dimmer switch.

Exhaust work continues, finally at the weld er up solid stage!
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby RedFiveKBS » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Lemme know on those bulbs. I'm planning all LED's for my car.
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby zeke » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 am

Better than the single chip led lamp but not the overkill I was looking for. I think I'll have to change the whole fixture out to get what I want.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Exhaust pipe seam blending continues...
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:57 am

Doesn't look quite right sitting on the floor but you can see how it's laid out easier. I designed it so it comes apart and can easily be removed from the car. Also, no tranny related bolts are covered so it would actually be possible to remove the trans just by dropping the crossover pipe.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Had to stick the rear bumper on to place the exhaust tips. Nothing welded yet, I'm thinking it needs to be past the bumper a couple inches.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby TimMcCabe » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 am

Hi Chris,

I think tucked in just a little more, even with the bumper or there about (and you won't bang your shin loading stuff in the hatch :D )
Just my $0.02 worth.

Cheers,
Tim
1972 TPI Vega T56 6 speed

Contact me for all of your Tachometer needs
TimMcCabe

Postby spencerforhire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:42 am

I'm with Tim on this one; I think they should not stick out any further that the bumper rub strip. So if you backed up to a solid wall, they would not hit before the bumper. Also would hide the necked down transition from the tips to the mufflers.
The "fleet"-
72 Vega HB Drag Car -383/'Glide/9"(9.35@146.19)(5.94@117.28 1/8th)
77 Vega Estate wagon- project(someday)will have TPI305/T-5, S-10 spindles/axles
76 Vega GT- 400/4spd/9" retired from active duty(rusty)
06 Silverado 2WD ex.cab daily
03 Silverado 2WD ex.cab (retired)
06 Haulin' 20ft enclosed car transporter
06 GMC Canyon Shop truck
07 Colorado project( 5.3 4L60e swap)
99 Saturn SL1- wife's car
01 Saturn SC2- son's project
07 Saturn Ion Redline project
and 4 more Saturn "parts cars"
Note- the very act of listing all of these has made me realize I have some kind of problem.....

Visit http://www.spencerforhire.ca
spencerforhire

1972 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby zeke » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Here it is ~flush with the bumper. Just concerned that when the car is stationary, exhaust will rise straight up. IDK, no experience building exhaust
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby vegastre » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 am

Zeke,
Once a long time ago I called your H-Body more of a journey than a journal. I don't know? comparing my journal to yours makes me feel like I play at this stuff while you're doing the real work. I have followed you for sometime and even when your interest wasn't there. Not so much now but back in the day my only means of automotive entertainment was reading your journal every day. Your volume of photos is just staggering. I may never make it up to Canada again but I feel like I know your car simply by the pictures you have posted for like the last how many years? Ya, I know, it comes and goes but one things for sure the H-Body found a friend when the car took you for that first ride. Carry on, Captain!
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals