Pop out quarter window trim and seals

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Pop out quarter window trim and seals

Postby Brianp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Looking for a set of pop out quarter window trim and seals for a vega hatchback. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Brianp

Re: Pop out quarter window trim and seals

Postby Brianp » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Still looking for the pop out quarter window trim and seals for 75 vega if anyone can help.
Brianp

Postby cosvega76 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 am

At one time the Cosworth Vega Owners Association was looking into having new seals made, I don't know how far they got.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby dindin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:28 am

I was talking to Dave at Daves Vega Village and he said he inquired at Metro and they will make them BUT you must order I think 125 or something around there and if they don't fit properly Metro will not take them back!!

I guess they had lots of problems with a batch they made for CVOA years and years ago and for some reason they just did not fit right on all cars ,maybe the window frames on these cars are off from one car to the next..otherwise , I can't see how a seal made 40+ years ago cannot be duplicated today.

Mine is kinda dried out on spots and I have been looking into how to keep them from getting worse..

Al
dindin

Postby kgroombr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Some hearsay on the deal with Metro, at least how it was told to me.

Someone provided Metro a set of NOS swing out window seals to use to create the copies. They used those to create the initial molds for the reproductions. They then lost the NOS seals so there was nothing to compare the copies with to verify correctness. They were also supposed to perform a small run and field test a few samples before making a complete run, but they supposedly decided to go forward and reproduce them. Because they couldn't verify the reproductions by comparing them to the lost NOS set and they didn't perform an initial field test to verify correctness, all of them were flawed, but people just chose to work with the since there was no other option.

I got this from the person that "supposedly" provided them with the NOS set they lost, but I wasn't there and can't say for certain, but the story sounds plausible.

Ken
kgroombr

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby Manuel v. » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:17 am

Hello every one , I heard fixed quarter window seals will work with a little trimming and tweaking
Manuel v.

Postby Manuel v. » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:20 am

https://youtu.be/9QGIZKXVBdk

Here's a video on it
Manuel v.

Return to General Discussion