pedal pad mod...just for fun

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

pedal pad mod...just for fun

Postby cjbiagi » Fri May 18, 2018 10:55 am

I always liked how other GM cars had trim on the brake and clutch pedal pads. Unfortunately nothing like that was ever available for H bodies. So, I decided to play around and see if I could come up with just a little bling. Not quite the same as other cars but a little different.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Re: pedal pad mod...just for fun

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Fri May 18, 2018 2:17 pm

Hey Clyde, that's pretty cool, nice job, are you doing all 3 pedals?
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 pm

I did the brake and clutch. Leaving the gas pedal for now but we'll see.............
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby Smiley » Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 pm

73 Camaro clutch pedal covers with the metal trim fit Vega clutch pedals and brake pedals, I used the matching gas pedal also.
This does not apply to cars with an automatic trans as the brake pedal is wider.
IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smiley

Postby leander » Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 am

Those metal trims add character to your ride. Where did you get them?
leander

Postby Monza Harry » Tue May 22, 2018 5:02 pm

You know Clyde and Smiley you must be reading my mind! About 2-3 weeks ago my brother and I went to a ~nearby swap meet and I was eyeballing those exact pedal [Camaro don't remember which year] pads! I have an older [NOS] aftermarket set of covers with the same look but they really are crap as these are supposed to wrap over the existing pedals [scary] but I liked the look, then I seen those [Classic Ind.] and immediately thought safer and lighter! :idea: So how well did those fit? Did I read that right, have to swap out the "Gas" pedal for the H-Body pedal? I bought new OEM pads back in the mid '80's and I remember them being the same (now that was a looooong time ago) auto/man for the Monza as I ordered two pads 'cause I thought I wanted a stick back then(?) I guess I would have to pony up and find out for sure to make it happen :? I sure like that look, we'll see if I come across any more at any shows/swap meets, and I'll have to bring a pad or template with me and the two hundred rubber stoppers I never bring! :rolleyes: :bang: Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm

The Monza uses a shorter gas pedal than Vega and other GM cars. It may be because of the larger tunnel in 2nd Gen H bodies. The larger one may fit, but not sure if would be any other issues. For right now I am going to go with the ones I modified, the round circles kind of match the round gauges in the car and I know nobody else has these, so they are unique. The Camaro ones are nice, may have went with those if I knew ahead of time. Still not sure what I will do with the gas pedal, I could modify it to match the clutch and brake pads I did or go with the larger Camaro type with trim or just leave it as is............
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby BloFish » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:44 am

I think the Classic Headquarters dress p pedals would look great with the custom GT interior. :th:
BloFish

Return to General Discussion