zeke's Sport Coupe

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Sport Coupe

Postby 75Monz » Thu May 31, 2018 9:42 am

Not sure if this is what your after, but here are two parts of what your missing I think.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Monza-Sun ... 1438.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fresh-Air-Inta ... 1438.l2649
All I have is factory v-8 stuff. Really like the look of your car, always wondered what a 4 headlight nose would look like on my towne coupe. Seems like it would be slightly better aerodynamically than the flat nose of my car, lol.
Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose, but still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.
75Monz

Postby zeke » Thu May 31, 2018 10:31 am

Thanks a lot 75Monz! Snagged the air breather, if ya ever see the elbow, lemme know. I owe ya a :beer:

Wouldn't be all that hard to change your front end eh. Ken Mahoy is doing it to his son's car. Check out his youtube channel Spyder Garage. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLjxjd ... hVQ/videos

Interesting trivia: Monza 4 cylinder shift rods are ~2" longer to make up for the shorter engine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 am

Crusty window track repaired
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 75Monz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:17 am

Hey Zeke, it this the piece you are after? Not sure if it is the same as a few years later, but looks close.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/71-77-CHEVY-VE ... 1a4f72bf43
Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose, but still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.
75Monz

Postby zeke » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:44 am

Yeah, looks like the elbow would work but it would cost me a small fortune by the time all that got up here. Thanks tho anyways.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 am

Heater core replacement and other various behind the dash problems getting fixed.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 75Monz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 am

Try sending the seller a message and see if they will sell you just the part you need. Usually sellers are willing to work with you on things. Another guy that might have something is seller named vegaguy, his store is here..
https://www.ebay.com/str/grandparat409#
States in his store "Also a large selection of parts new and used,If you dont see it in our store it doesn't mean we dont have it. We buy sell and trade hot rod Chevy parts daily. Give us a call at Booger Holler Racing 1-423-836-0543"
I just found a spider volt/temp gauge with faceplate and small spider fuel gauge from him.
By the way, don't know if it is true for your Monza, but when I did my heater core, a guy showed me how to put a Vega heater core in. Was a bit larger and I get a lot more heat now. Not sure why there was a difference, maybe because mine was a California edition and they don't need heat as much there since Hollywood puts out enough hot air to heat the whole state. :lol:
75Monz

Postby zeke » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Engine bay refurb coming along. Undercoating removed, new fuel pump, alternator, starter, battery, water pump, hoses etc. Bunch of stuff getting fixed and urgently needed attention. Working on fixing up wiring and replacing vacuum hoses now. Unfortunately, the upper hose is NLA. Unique to this car without power steering - bummer, I hate universals.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:38 am

Zeke, you should ask Clyde (cjbiagi) on this forum if he can find you the original molded upper rad hose. He has access to almost all the GM dealers inventory and it's possible that some dealer somewhere in the US ordered one or just has some NOS hoses sitting around. I just bought the AC Delco upper and lower rad hoses off him for the V8 Monza as the upper for the V8 is NLA as well.
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 75Monz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:08 am

Is this one close to what you are after Zeke...can't tell by looking at it, for a 75.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1975-Chevr ... 7?var=null
75Monz

Postby zeke » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:27 pm

79monzaspyder - I've bought stuff from Clyde in the past, I'm pretty sure if he could get one he would have posted by now.

75monz - That rad hose is for the 140 engine, too many bends.

Check out these NOS wires I got from Rockauto for 3 bucks. lol
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 am

Hi Zeke, this is what Clyde typed on the my last purchase from him. That's why I said to ask and see if he can find you one.

If you are ever looking for any other GM NOS or genuine ACDELCO replacement parts let me know. I can run a free nationwide parts search and see what I can find for you. I have access to most GM dealers inventories across the country as well as many independent NOS supplier inventories. I also have a good source of ACDELCO replacement parts for older cars. I can also source some good used parts as well. Clyde
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:40 pm

So far I have fixed:

missing starter & battery

fixed instrument cluster lights

fixed clock

refurbished fuel sender

replaced worn out alternator

gas tank with multiple previous repairs leaking, coated inside with Por15 gas tank repair kit

replaced blocked gas tank vent line

Shifter missing pieces, replaced

heater core replaced

dash speaker rebuilt

rotted window track repaired

speedo cable installed wrong

Broken vacuum lines replaced

installed missing carb fuel filter

broken alternator mount due to broken block bolt

wide open throttle switch repaired

dickered distributor, new one on the way

Can't wait to start driving it and finding all the other problems. :dance: :bang: :th:

A few random pics:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm

The sport coupe is on the road! :dance:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 75Monz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 am

Looking good Zeke! So, was wondering by the engine picture, what is your PCV valve supposed to connect to now? In the first picture, it looked like it was connected on one side of the thermostatic vacuum switch somehow, was that not right?
75Monz

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals