A/C vent air supply hose

Tips, tricks, tools...

Moderator: Moderators

A/C vent air supply hose

Postby zeke » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am

Factory hose is stapled to the duct. I used a gear clamp with the new hose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: A/C vent air supply hose

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Chris is that replacement hose plastic? Good to know either way! I am hoping that I can re-do all of my control lines in an appropriately sized (3/16" dia.?) Polyethylene [think "Oil Pressure/Air Shock line" hose] and form [heat gun over a form: can, pipe, etc.]it nice and neat with the smallest possible hose to connect if I can't "swage" the ends and get a nice tight seal. :th: :D Thanx Harry https://www.grainger.com/category/polye ... alog/N-qx8
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:01 pm

It's vinyl hose Harry
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:14 pm

That's funny you mentioned the plastic vacuum line eh. The supply to the dash line from the vacuum ball crumbled apart while I was working on the sport coupe engine bay today. I tried sliding a piece of 5/32 hose over it but is really loose. They have one size smaller at Carquest that I'll try.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Restoration Tips