Whats it worth?

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Whats it worth?

Postby Durney » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Original nice shape, 72 Vega complete axle, control arms, springs and spindles. Whats it worth?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Durney

Re: Whats it worth?

Postby kgroombr » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:46 pm

All depends if you find somebody that wants it near you. Not much if anything IMHO. 6.5 rear axles aren't really desired, and shipping is cost prohibitive.

Front spindles about the same thing as folks are wanting to upgrade to S10 spindles or Monza vented rotors.

What gear ratio is your rear axle? I been wanting to swap out a 2.92 with a 3.36, but my guess you are on the other side of the country. That is where the shipping part makes it not worth it. :)

Ken
kgroombr

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby Durney » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:02 am

Agreed on the shipping, however Im certain there's value in the control arm brackets and I also see folks looking for conte out l arms in some cases.
Durney

Postby Bullet » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:18 pm

The "barn find" post guy needs that stuff if he decides to fix his car.
Bullet

Postby nutt » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:14 am

Reality is, folks tell you there's value in the brackets and arms. Then you break out the torch and cut the stuff off and advertise it for what ??? $50. It'll sit for years while you keep advertising...... crickets.... FINALLY someone is interested but balks at the shipping price and offers to pay you $50 and have you eat the shipping which is $25. Now you've got 3 hours minimum in the stuff and you've made what.....
I've been tossing vega stuff by the bucket loads in the garbage because vega guys don't pay. Sure they might pay for the perfect dash pad or the gt dash or v8 Monza stuff, popout windows or 1st gen valances.
nutt

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:15 am

True F:censored:G Story! I'm about to fo the same to some Monza parts I don't need, no interest or, some people take up collector car hobby with a PB&J budget, odd ball/unique cars are more money not less, they want need the parts but are unwilling or unable to pay what it takes to get it done, so it becomes our problem [in their minds] to take a $$ hit to solve their absolute lack of planning/understanding! Hold onto it until you are sure you don't need anything from it, and then dispose of as you see fit, maybe some one will bite/you might need some of it. Just make sure your needs get taken care of. Nothing worse than throwing it out and one week later you're hunting for parts you just threw out. Harry
Edited: I can't post/type from my phone those characters are just TOO small!
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby nutt » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Agreed, I just don't advertise anymore but keep the stuff I might need.
Just threw out about 50 trim pieces, windshield, side, hatch, etc after advertising in a half dozen areas for a couple years.
A week later someone calls me about the windshield trim. He was noticeable bent that I tossed them, saying he's been searching forever for that particular trim. I asked him what it was worth to him, he said $15. Really? So you've been searching forever but only willing to cough up $15. I simply said my crap has been on CL forever and he obviously needs to expand his searching techniques. This guy gave me great insight, so I tossed more crap in the garbage.
:bang:
nutt

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:00 pm

nutt wrote:Agreed, I just don't advertise anymore but keep the stuff I might need.
Just threw out about 50 trim pieces, windshield, side, hatch, etc after advertising in a half dozen areas for a couple years.

:bang:

I wish I had known you had all that chrome. As I sorted through all the chrome I have, I found that I need the piece that goes over the window sweep..passenger side-74. Maybe one will turn up.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Return to General Discussion