Swing out Quarter Glass-STEELE RUBBER PROD.

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Swing out Quarter Glass-STEELE RUBBER PROD.

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi All,
Steele Rubber Products have now been furnished with 2 original 74 Vega swing-out quarter glass gaskets. I have sent them a left and right pair including the inner plastic ring which is not necessary on their gasket design. I have also sent them a trimmed version of their stationary (non-swing-out) gasket along with the trimmed scrap, where mistakes were made during the modification process found here on the forum. This is a great company to work with as they did not charge me for the second pair that they sent to me. The intent is to have them add the swing-out version of the gasket to their product line-up for others. Peace.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Re: Swing out Quarter Glass-STEELE RUBBER PROD.

Postby dindin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Hopefully they can figure it out. :th: :th:
dindin

Postby hammerdown7 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 pm

I'll post this on the CV Facebook page, I'm sure there will be lots of interest.

Thanks for your efforts.

Dick
Last edited by hammerdown7 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby buddyleejjc2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Sign me up for a couple pair!
buddyleejjc2

Postby Smiley » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Smiley wrote:there is a company making new fixed seals on Ebay that is working on pop out seals also:

"1.800.650.4471 Quality Restoration Parts
1971-77 Chevy Vega 1975-77 Pontiac Astre Hatchback Rear Quarter Window Seals Manufactured and Brand New
When you want to spend your time and money on the restoration of your classic car be sure you purchase quality rubber parts. Steele Rubber Products, Inc.™ has manufactured quality restoration rubber products for classic, antique, and street rod vehicles for over 50 years.
This PAIR of rear stationary quarter window seals replace original factory numbers 9733630 and 9733631. These are only for the fixed/stationary quarter windows, not the pop-out seals. We are in the process of making the seals for the pop-out windows and we hope they will be ready for sale by the end of 2014. This listing for the STATIONARY seals includes both the right and left sides. These are for hatchback styles ONLY. (if you have the 2 door sedan or coupe styling for the vehicles listed below please see our part #70-3552-77, sold separately in our ebay store)

These parts fit: Chevrolet 1971-77 Vega Hatchbacks ONLY, Pontiac 1975-77 Astre Hatchbacks ONLY

Steele's weatherstrips are made from the highest quality of soft, pliable epdm rubber compounds. This flexible, heat and ozone-resistant rubber makes it ideal for your classic car restoration. Due to the advancement in rubber chemical make-up, these reproductions are better quality and will last longer than the original rubber seals.

Steele's craftsmen have designed custom-made dies to ensure a true-to-fit weatherstrip for your vehicle. The company has 100% control of the manufacturing process with headquarters and operations located on the same property in Denver, NC.

They were promising pop out seals 4 years ago, maybe everyone interested should call and ask if they are available.
Smiley

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:45 am

From what I heard or read somewhere that they had been promised a pair to duplicate years ago that they never received. I may have read that somewhere in the forum archives. Don't know if it is true, may have heard it from them.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Postby markl » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:36 pm

I would buy a set!
markl

1975 Chevrolet Vega

Postby astreformula » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Somebody did reproduce them years ago. Unfortunately they didn't fit. Ask how I know. I purchased 2 sets.
astreformula

Postby dindin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 pm

I don't get how something produced almost 50 years ago cannot be made to fit properly in 2019..Someone, somehow, someway should be able to make these work. :lol:

Al
dindin

Return to General Discussion