Rotisserie car

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Rotisserie car

Postby 75Monz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:09 pm

This year, I plan on finally tearing the rest of my 75 TC down, blasting the underside, start on the front suspension re-do, sub- frame connectors and my rear suspension. I was thinking of getting a rotissarie to make work under the car easier access. Will have motor/trans removed, most of the interior out, and any wiring, fuel and brake lines underneath too. Guessing with all that removed, should be around 2000 lbs or there about. I was looking at a rotisserie that Eastwood sells that is 3000 lb rated on casters for around $1k.
Anybody put a monza on a rotisserie before? Any pro's/con's to turning it on it's side and doing suspension work? My other thought was make an elevated platform that I could sit up under the car to do the work with body on sort of like a chassis table, like I made for my vega drag car when I was putting a 14 point alston in it. Frame rail is definitely cheaper that a rotisserie and fairly easy to make, just getting the car up onto one it a bit dicey, lol.
Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose, but still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.
75Monz

Re: Rotisserie car

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi Jeremy,
Dave (SOLSAKS) on this form put his TC on a Rotisserie. Hopefully he will pipe in and say any ups or downs with it.
Pic of his on the Rotisserie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Diesel Dan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:32 pm

Rotisserie would be nice for welding in all the brackets for sure.

I wouldn't mind putting mine on a rotisserie to really detail and clean the unibody.
Would probably end up making my own. Why spend $1K for something to be shipped to the house when I can spend 2 weeks chasing parts and spending $2K in material and time!
1980 Monza Town Coupe
5.0L/auto
Diesel Dan

Postby 283vega » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Someone on this site a few years back made a rottiserie that was a half circle of plywood bolted to the bumper mounts. very simple and seemed to work well.
283 vega
70 corvette

Brian
283vega

Postby monzaaddict » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 pm

monzaaddict

Postby 75Monz » Mon May 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Someone on a square-body site hooked me up with this link. http://redwingsteelworks.com/wp-content ... 022015.pdf , plans for building your own. Web site redwingsteelworks.com also has the plans for building one of the loop type too, all free, my favorite word! :D Think I am going to see what I can find at the steel yard for materials for the first one and see what the materials list will run me to make it, want to build it with the rams and add a centering device to each too with bearings, much easier for one man operation that way.
Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose, but still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.
75Monz

Return to General Discussion