zeke's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Monza

Postby zeke » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Welcome to page 63 of zeke's Monza! :lol:

I put some blankets down and removed the windshield with a a hammer and chisel. :lol: :twisted: :th:

After I vacuumed up the 10 billion pieces of glass, I took the pinch weld down to bare metal and coated with zinc rich primer. Butyl seal ordered from Amazon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Not much done today but the glass lip is painted. After it cures, I'll paint the dash top firethorn red
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Dash top is getting Firethorny

Found clips still in stock at the local glass shop. Windshield takes 19

Tire rubs on RH side cuz diff isn't centered. Ordered an adjustable panhard bar.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:06 am

Ready for the glass after I paint the VIN black
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:04 am

VIN got painted satin black. Interesting how in 1980, GM switched to exposed rivets for the tag. (Beside the tag instead of hidden under the pad)
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:32 pm

Almost ready to drop the new windshield in from Peru via Wisconsin
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:51 am

First windshield I've installed, not perfect but will do. Got some nice, anodized aluminum, Amazon tire valve caps. Ebay brake hoses showed up finally.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:00 pm

zeke wrote:Dash top is getting Firethorny

Tire rubs on RH side cuz diff isn't centered. Ordered an adjustable panhard bar.

Zeke you could also just shim the Panhard bar mount for your situation [Right Side Rub only]
Nice looking piece though for sure! Also remember the tire will move away from the body as you load weight in the car and under left hand turns as a matter of geometry.
Tire flexes the other way [away] when turning Right. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:27 am

These Ebay hoses are the perfect length for this conversion (12")
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:16 am

Vents restored with SEM Firethorn Red 15113. Recommend their low luster clear as a final coat 13023.

Dupli-Color CCS101 Chrome spray enamel on air deflectors
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:59 am

Some UMI upgrades
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:49 pm

I wanted to use the newer style MC because there's nothing to rust. Unfortunately, GM changed to a rear o-ring seal in 1981 and it makes the casting too large to fit in the booster. Dropped it all off at the local machine shop to have the OD reduced.

I haven't seen my spare keys in over a year. I probably put them aside somewhere to not lose them. lol As the theme for this car is now red / black, I ordered some new locks from Rockauto. ~30$ USD. I'll see if I can get the hatch re-keyed, if not, no big deal as I have an electric release on it.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:59 pm

S10 1" bore master modified to fit early booster. Later style MC fits my theme much better. Need to do something my washer and overflow tank.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Monza Harry » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:28 pm

Hey Chris I have a set that were yellowed and covered with undercoating so I had a go at them with WD-40 for the UC and I believe I used some "VIM" with some really worn "Scotch-Brite" to deal with the yellowing, and I was blown away at the difference they look nearly New. I could have went a little further but I cleaned them up to reply to a wanted add and he wasn't interested. I see if tomorrow if I can load the piece I have of the finished parts I didn't think to do a before shot. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:39 pm

Some guys have had luck painting the tanks but I would prefer not to.

Worn out brake rod pivot bushings would be nice to replace. Made my booster rod adjustable so should be able to get the slack out and some pedal height. Re-routing my ECM harness and adding some connectors.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals