new guy with a 79 spyder

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

new guy with a 79 spyder

Postby timbuk » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:55 am

hi guys havent had a monza since 86 but finally found one has been off the road since 98 has 95k on it came with everything almost except the motor i installed a 77 350 and used the short water pump that was provided however i cant figure out the alternator mounting as far as i can tell it is supposed to live on the passenger side however i did not get any brackets for this looking forward to getting this all together and driving it it has a 4 sp saggy and will need lower gears where the hell do you guys find interior stuff? lol rare cars and believe me i have a lot of old cars! very happy o find this site and have spoke to vega dave he is not too far from me thanks guys and happy to be here!
timbuk

Re: new guy with a 79 spyder

Postby hammerdown7 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Welcome to the site, more info here than anywhere else on H-bodies and lots of helpful people. Facebook has stolen a lot of our daily entries but the history here cannot be beat.

Dick
hammerdown7

1976 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth

Postby timbuk » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:05 pm

hi hammer down no worries im faceplant free nice lookin cosworth!
timbuk

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Welcome aboard! New folks gladly accepted. Run a wanted ad in the marketplace section and comb the for sale section and ebay, and a nationwide Craigslist won't hurt. I'm not a face book guy either but hearing about the things that can be found on their "Market Place" Diligence is required as well as PATIENTS [emphasis not screaming] are all needed for an H-Body Victory. Clyde also has a pretty good stash of hoarding contacts [we say that with all the LOVE in the world Clyde Thanx Again for the Help]. Not many people on here that haven't bought something from/through Clyde, myself included multi times! Harry
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to General Discussion