vega driverside exhaust manifold

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

vega driverside exhaust manifold

Postby grimmreaper » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:34 am

hi i have searched the forum read all the articles i am building a vega and i have a 400 sbc that i want to put into it would like to use cast manifolds i have the dipstick on the driverside so camaro iroc won't work on the driverside can anyone tell me which other manifold will work ? or a solution to my problem (besides headers) thank you for your help
grimmreaper

Re: vega driverside exhaust manifold

Postby cosvega76 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:57 am

What kind of coupler do you have connecting the steering column shaft to the steering gearbox? For that matter, which steering gearbox are you using? You'll have trouble using cast manifolds for a left-hand dipstick with power steering.

If you have the small Vega gearbox and the large, OE coupler, I've successfully used a LH manifold off of a mid-'60s Impala. It's a ram's horn manifold with a kickback for the pipe connection. It still may need a little clearance grinding for the steering shaft, however.

If you're using a u-joint for the coupler, I've used a LH manifold off of '64-'67 Chevelles with the cast-on alternator mounting boss. It seems to be narrower than other below-the-spark plug manifolds.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: vega driverside exhaust manifold

Postby cammerjeff » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:23 pm

I have a pair of used Monza V8 manifolds if you are interested $100 plus shipping of free pick up. I am out of town until the end of the month so I can post some pictures when I get home if you are interested. Not interested in breaking up the set.
Jeff R

1971 Catalina Freeway Enforcer
77 Astre Formula, some day soon powered by a 215 Buick V-8
1973 4-speed Lemans Safari STOCK!!!!! 1978 Catalina Safari
2006 Mallet Solstice, 6.0 LS2, 6-speed manual
2009 Solstice Coupe, 2.4, 5-speed Manual
cammerjeff

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Safari Wagon

Return to General Discussion