Hatch Keeper Upper

Anything H-body related, but please use one of the topic-specific forums below if appropriate

Moderator: Moderators

Hatch Keeper Upper

Postby zeke » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:37 am

Got one of those lift support lock tools from Amazon, no more sudden hatch drops. Will do until I find cylinders that actually work

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00N3YSFSO/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Hatch Keeper Upper

Postby cjbiagi » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:03 am

You need to make sure you get supports designed for cars with spoilers. I have those on mine and it has no problem lifting the hatch. The "hatch keeper upper" is a great idea though, beats getting clunked in the head! LOL
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby dindin » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:27 pm

I got mine for my Vega with spoiler from these guys.. not sure if your hatch is to heavy with that louver you have but it works great with with my spoiler where my original was falling on my Head.https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/year- ... K%202-DOOR

Al
dindin

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:06 pm

My supports were good [for a spoiler car] but they didn't last very many cycles unfortunately and now offer no lift support what so ever. I remember that 4411W # but these are about 10 years old and only about 100 open close cycles. I am hoping to find better or rechargeable ones, next. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby STAGNATION » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:24 pm

I have these in my autozone cart to research further after trying to compare with what I saw in rockauto.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben

75 Vega W/ 355
Extreme budget builder
7 mouths to feed
STAGNATION

Return to General Discussion