zeke's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Monza

Postby zeke » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:43 am

Thanks Dan :th: Quality looks excellent to me. (I'm an electronics engineer)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:40 pm

Bracket making
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:42 pm

Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:57 pm

Adding some Molex connectors so the ignition amplifier can be easily bypassed and / or removed
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:58 am

Turns out, the free MSD box did have a problem. The transformer has a broken winding that is arcing internally. It still worked enough for me to go for drive and see that my midrange sputter was caused by not enough spark. The box was so loud, you could hear it over the engine and in the car. Replaced with new box

Short clip of noisy box when hot

Test drive next, last one was like a new car and engine pulled as it should
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:04 am

A fun project that I've wanted to do for a while - light up the engine.

The air breather came from a 91 Caprice I had, That fuel injection system used a sensor in the breather for intake air charge temperature. Not used on the later TBI system. I removed the thermistor and added some wires to bring battery power in. The LED pods came from Amazon and they are excellent quality. Waterproof, aluminum housing and bright.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:12 am

I installed a push on / push off switch. Whole thing draws 1 amp

Short video clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7n4VuJif-w
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:51 am

Oops, forgot the finished pics :bang: :lol:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun May 29, 2022 7:45 am

Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby SOLSAKS » Sun May 29, 2022 3:22 pm

son of a gun !!!!,...

this has to be one of the nicest Monzas on the planet
the skills zeke has are impressive,....

what a clean engine install.

great pics of the car in action and on the road being enjoyed.

this Monza and Clyde Biagis Monza,....take the cake.

would love to see this thing zooming down the road, I know 98 percent of folks have no idea what it is.

great job.
thanx for the photos.

dave in NC - USA
SOLSAKS

Postby zeke » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:15 am

Thanks Dave, I tried to be different with my build and do things that nobody else tried. Anybody can throw some chrome at an engine but it does nothing for me. The goal was: how GM would have built the car 15 - 20 years in the future. :D :th:

Awesome drive in my Monza today. He got taken out at the next crossover and I got away!
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:09 pm

H-Body Beverage Holder V3.0

Finally came up with a good design that won't break. Doesn't interfere with passenger's left leg either. I've included an actual size template on 8.5 x 11" paper if anybody wants to make themselves one. It isn't perfect but cost nothing to make basically and works better than any store bought ones I tried. If you use a lot of tall cups, you may want to increase the length from the wings to the bottom support. I made them from a computer tower door which is close to 18 gauge or 1 mm steel.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:12 pm

Enjoy :cheers:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:38 am

I liked the LED headlights that I put in my coupe so much, my restomod needed a pair. I had upgraded to Hella glass H4 fixtures a few years back with halogen bulbs. I upgraded the wiring as well and added relays to handle the extra power. Not needed with LED bulbs as they draw less than half the current that halogen bulbs do.

LED bulbs came from Amazon .ca site: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FRG4NSH

Cheaper fixture option: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07NGR ... BOEwrRbM2c

Watch this video before buying bulbs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnD_sDWNjEw
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:25 am

I finally got to finishing the LED light conversion on Red Monza, I will have a detailed post soon. Some fall pics:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals