The "BadSunbird"

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The "BadSunbird"

Postby Badsunbird » Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 pm

It would be the same car, The "Badsunbird" !
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza
75 Pontiac Astre GT #00002

"Bigger Than Some & Stronger Than Most"
Badsunbird

1979 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe

Postby Badsunbird » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello Again Everyone,

Well it has definitely been a while since my last post and no I haven't abandoned my build of the Sunbird, I have just been busy with some other things, but I am still moving forward with my build. I have recently added some new items, aluminum cylinder heads, Don Hardy headers and the biggest new addition that will be coming next week is the "Bolt-in" Ford 9" rearend that will be available to all of you in a few short months!

I have been working with a reputable manufacturer for the past nine months on developing a stock width "Bolt-in" 9" ford rearend for all of us 75-80 Monza people . Once I receive mine and get it put in and get back to the manufacturer with any problems that I may have and correct them, then it will be released for public purchase. I hope to have some pictures to post in the next week or so, but I definitely think that this good news worth sharing with everyone! I just hope that there is a real interest in this out there. I have watched the threads that have been posted for so many years about this and approached several companies with the idea and actually found one that was interested in building these rearends.

So if there are any of you that would have a genuine interest in this, drop me a message and let me know. Currently there hasn't been a price set for the rearend as of yet.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby zeke » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Missed this thread somehow. I was MIA for a while myself tho. lol

I was shocked by the blue suspension pieces pic way back but by the end, the multi colour theme grew on me. Nice work. :th:

I would be interested in a bolt in, 9 inch, setup for stock width.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Badsunbird » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Good Evening Gentleman,

So I have a question to ask, has anyone bought fiberglass fenders from Unlimited Products before? I am considering buying two front fenders from them, are they a quality product or not? There are conflicting reviews about them, but they seem to be one of the only ones that seem to offer them. Can anyone offer me some advice on this matter?
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:09 am

Hello Everyone,

So I was able to get my engine & trans installed back in the car today, now I am trying to get the new Don Hardy headers installed, what a pain in the a$$! They don't fit worth a crap, my son and I spent almost 6hrs. today just trying to get the passengers side to fit and worked in and had absolutely no luck! The number 2 & 8 tube refuse to line up! They are so far out from lining up, it isn't funny!!! What a waste of money, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to go back to my old "tri-y's", I've had it with these Don Hardy headers, they blow!!!!! Is there a significant difference between the earlier headers than the later version? Is one version for the vega and the other for the monza?
Last edited by Badsunbird on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby Badsunbird » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Here it is everyone, If any of you now want a Ford 9" Bolt-in rearend for your 75-80 Chevy Monza or equivalent car, You need to contact "Quick Performance Inc" 515-232-0126 out of Ames Iowa! I have worked with them over the past year and we have come up with a great product! It is a "Bolt-in" rearend at stock width and there are a few options depending on what type of brakes that you would like to have. I think that this could possibly be a great deal for all of us! If any one would like to have any more information about this Please Contact Brydon @ Quick Performance Inc., And tell him that Steve ("Badsunbird") sent you to him! He is a Great guy to deal with and has actually stepped out of his way to make this product happen for us H-Body fans.
Please take the time to check this company out, it is worth it!!!
Last edited by Badsunbird on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby mahoy78spyder » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Cool news for sure! I called and talked to Max. He gave me some background on it and it sounds like a great offering. He's going to call me back with pricing and other options, but discussed some of the braking options as well as pumpkin today. I know that HRCC is going to offer up this product as well later this year but hey, this is a win win for the H-body community! I'm for as many parts as we can get someone to make for us, so I appreciate all the time you put into having this one made and offered up as a template for other future customers!
Ken Mahoy
'78 C06 Monza Spyder
mahoy78spyder

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby RedFiveKBS » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:28 am

I'd love to see the final product on the bolt in 9 inch! :th:
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby craigrev » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:03 pm

20151231_134807.jpg
I had this pic saved from an email sent to me by "BadSunbird" . I hope he doesn't mind me posting it. There were several other pics but I seemed to have lost them. Pretty stout setup!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
craigrev

Postby zeke » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Very nice!
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Badsunbird » Sun May 15, 2016 8:36 pm

I've listed a link to some pics of my recent progress on the car. Take a look, there are alot more to come. We've been working on it quit a bit lately.

http://rs1262.pbsrc.com/albums/ii603/Badsunbird
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby RedFiveKBS » Mon May 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Love to see the updates! Keep it going. :th:
RedFiveKBS

Postby Badsunbird » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello Again

I haven't done an update in a while and thought it was about time to do so. My son and I have actually been very productive getting things done on the car, the fuel system is installed and all plumbed, the transmission cooling system is installed and plumbed as well. I had the factory 4 core radiator recored and it is also installed with 1-14" electric pusher fan and 2-8" electric puller fans located at the inlet and outlet of the radiator.

We have also gotten the roll cage and top dash panel painted. The dash and all associated parts are also reinstalled in the car along with new Autometer 2 5/8 Pro-Comp liquid filled gauges to help monitor all the vitals of the car. The car is now ready to be filled with all of the important fluids, that's going cost a pretty penny in its own self!
We are now working on getting the wiring harnesses back in the car and hooked up and the electrical system sorted out for all the switches, relays, fans, fuel pump, gauges, battery relocation and ect....! The boy and I are getting pretty close to getting this thing fired up are getting excited as well!

I have pictures to share but will have to sit down and sort them out and get them posted!

Take Care Everyone And Happy Holidays!
79 Pontiac Sunbird
79 Chevy Monza

Badsunbird

Postby RedFiveKBS » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:29 pm

I was just wondering about this car! Updates!!
RedFiveKBS

Postby HI WINDING MONZA » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:38 pm

What ever happened to the #2 or #3? built Vega off the assembly line you had at one time?

Doug in P.R. 8)
My Old Monza now lives in Arizona with its newest owner.

The 90's just keep rollin' along........
1990 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab Long Bed 350 TBI V8 700R4 118K miles
1992 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe 2.0 OHC MPFI I4 TH125C 157k miles
HI WINDING MONZA

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals